FNRttC Christmas Night Ride - A Christmas Carol Saturday 17th December 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
The festive season is upon us and so we can celebrate the joys of friendship and night rides We cordially invite you to a night time adventure of discovery and lights.

A Christmas Carol was Charles Dickens story about the virtues and values of the season. Have you ever wondered what influenced the man while creating the story. Now is your chance to visit some of the places which Dickens would of known in Victorian London.

As it's Christmas it just wouldn't be right not to visit some of the light displays while we are at it.

Though the ride will start as normal at Hyde Park Corner you need to be careful not to arrive 24hrs early as this ride is taking place on the Saturday night. After the usual administration we will initially be heading towards South London before heading east through The City and on to East London before returning and heading into the wilder parts of the London Borough of Camden and then finally back to the Victoria area for the traditional breakfast. I aim to arrive around 7am.

This ride is very much geared to be a fun Christmas adventure but also serve as a taster of the magic of night rides for friends and family with the view that people can peel off and head home if it's too much. The ride should be between 40- 50 miles in length but our progress will be slow due to the frequent stop nature of the ride and just navigating the streets of London. So I would recommend preparing for a cold night by bringing lots of layers.

If your interested in joining us please use the link below to register your interest. Remember to share and tell interested friends and family.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...xaJfJir2Aaapq-3wkV1HPL7Y8OiA/viewform?c=0&w=1

Hope see you on the 17th and if not can I wish you all the greetings of the season.

Titus

Ride Leader

Last edited by a moderator:

jay clock

Massive member
Looks great but what is the rationale behind requiring CTC membership? It is going to cost me £43 to join

Thanks for organising!

hatler

Guru
Looks great but what is the rationale behind requiring CTC membership? It is going to cost me £43 to join

Thanks for organising!
Somewhere there's a whole thread on this subject.

Bottom line, the rides can't be run without insurance cover for the ride leader. The route of least resistance on this front is for individuals to have CTC cover, either direct with the CTC or through an affiliate club, of which The Fridays is one. It's cheaper going the affiliate route.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
It doesn't matter now fast you travel no one gets left behind on a Fridays ride. Though I would be surprised if we manage an average speed more than 8 mph....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Fridays (Charles Dickens Birthplace Section) registered.

Half-way stop: 24hr Tescos or bagels in Brick Lane?

Top Bottom