Chuck Berry - Happy 90th Birthday!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

He is a nasty pervert though. Had to pay a very large financial settlement to a group of women who sued him for installing secret cameras in the women's bathroom of a restaurant he owned, amongst other things...

The Jerry Lee Lewis thread is thataway...

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
He is a nasty pervert though. Had to pay a very large financial settlement to a group of women who sued him for installing secret cameras in the women's bathroom of a restaurant he owned, amongst other things...

I would have thought that a thread title incorporating the words "Happy Birthday" would be recognisable as a bit of an appreciation thread. Pity

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
According to a muso friend of mine (who hasn't met him but just knows lots about the music scene): "Great musician, vile human being."

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I wonder which way a 'Happy Birthday Ched Evans' thread would go?
Badly?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Berry did time for armed robbery, and for the very American offence (offense) of transporting a minor across state lines.

At least that got him out from under the allegation of having sex with the Indian girl who was 14 at the time.

I quite like some of his records, but I'd find it hard to look him in the eye, say 'happy birthday' and mean it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Berry

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Berry did time for armed robbery, and for the very American offence (offense) of transporting a minor across state lines.

At least that got him out from under the allegation of having sex with the Indian girl who was 14 at the time.

I quite like some of his records, but I'd find it hard to look him in the eye, say 'happy birthday' and mean it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Berry

Howsabout in future, if it's an appreciation thread, it's called something like "Chuck Berry is 90, Happy Birthday, this is the appreciation thread, if you want to criticise him start your own Chuck Berry criticism thread" thread?

A bit clunky, but it would remove the apparent misunderstanding of some posters here

Top Bottom