Clipless moments?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After the first clipless moment in a long time today...just wondered if any of the pro-cyclists ever still have them or does everyone just get to a point where you're just too experienced to forget to unclip/struggle to get out in time?

raindog

er.....
...just wondered if any of the pro-cyclists ever still have them
Those guys live on their bikes.
Christ, I've never had a clipless moment, and I'm just an ordinary yob. ^_^

Tyke

Never had a clipless moment in the five years of using SPD I did however have several Tow clip moments in the previous 40 years of using them. You only need to look at the clips of the tour riders laid on the floor with both feet still cliped in when things suddenly slow down to see how the pros go. I ride solo so luckily don`t have that problem.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Got my first pair of clipless about 15 years ago, first time out on a brand new carbon fibre specialized. Seven of us stopped behind a bus full of schoolies, all of us clipped out , except me.
' clubrun domino special' :becool:
I've never had anyone off but my 3 clipless incidents have all been outside my house. After riding for several hours clipping in and out no problem wondering what all the fuss was about, get home and aargh.
The only downside is I live opposite a pub!

buggi

Bird Saviour
I've had 5. The first 3 were 10 years ago; the normal 3 you get when they are new. One was last year when my one of my cleat screws came loose and then one the other day, busy island, on a hill, hesitated when i should have just stopped leaving myself insufficient time to clip out. :blush:

jasonveryer

yeah,After riding for several hours clipping in and out no problem wondering what all the fuss was about, get home and aargh.thank
weey

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Even seasoned pros have clipless moments occasionally...
https://twitter.com/gcntweet/status/440910326650126337

:rofl:

charlieivan

Not exactly a clipless moment but one worthy of mention. Out riding one day and felt my feet moving on the pedals. Tried to unclip but couldn't as my cleats had worked loose. Managed to pull up against a fence and removed my shoes to get off the bike. Sorted cleats and on my way again.
Good reminder to regularly check tightness of cleats!!!!!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I know someone who pulled over to let a car overtake, and was so used to unclipping right foot first that she couldn't get her left foot out in time. But somehow this resulted in her ending up sprawling on her right side in the road (luckily almost deserted on a Sunday), with both feet still securely attached to the pedals and floundering around like a beached whale until legs could be twisted enough to get feet from pedals.
Cue slackening of left SPD later...

I wonder who that was...:whistle:

Top Bottom