England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
Forgot all about this, now in a panic to try and get a dog sitter for tomorrow, what time are you setting off from Whalley? Can I still come, do I need anything other than the usual? Going to sort myself out now... Panic

Kbrook

Veteran
Sorry to be a pain, as well as start time what time do you expect to be back at Whalley..?

If anyone wants to borrow a garmin just yell tomorrow - we have a spare which is now fully functional (since replacing the battery) and we are happy to lend it to whoever (and if we are back before you, you can just post it to us...) course will be on it and we will bring the mounts & a couple of cable ties as well...

(assuming I don't wake up with a temperature - in which case I have to get an emergency Dr out and won't be able to come, something about a side effect of the procedure I had done today...)

Kbrook

Veteran
Ok can't sort myself or more importantly the dog so unfortunately will have to drop out, have a great ride everyone

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Good luck all, will be thinking of you while at work tomorrow :hugs: :bravo: :cheers:

dr_pink

Apologies in advance if I can't remember who you all are! I tend to remember people after meeting them 3 or 4 times, but there are going to be so many strangers that I am bound to get confused tomorrow! Wear name tags, or tag your bike and I stand a chance. I tagged my Cannondale, but didn't like the look of it, so I took the tag back off.

You will recognise me. I look just like the guy on the left, only older, balder, greyer, iller, and wearing yellow glasses rather than sunglasses. Look out for the retro red Cannondale with the guy who looks taller than most of the other riders, save for the two big Steves and maybe one or two tall newbies! I think I will be wearing my 3/4 length baggy Endura Humvees, and I will have on a blue/black peaked MET helmet with CycleChat stickers on the sides.
Just to confuse everyone I'll be neither on a pink bike nor wearing any pink tomorrow..
TF, on the other hand, may be sporting some pink...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The carbo-loading went well. Now I need to drag myself to the shops to buy the chocolate supplies, and get some money for the cafe stop, and perhaps a couple of flapjacks to take with me.

I hope the weather improves. I'm currently in the middle of a thunderstorm that has been going on for hours and hours and at 4pm today woke me with hailstones! huge ones at that as well....
I'm glad you managed to escape from the hospital today, and I hope that you don't have a bad reaction to whatever they did to you!

They are forecasting highs of 14-16 degrees, but still with that strong wind.

Just to confuse everyone I'll be neither on a pink bike nor wearing any pink tomorrow..
TF, on the other hand, may be sporting some pink...
I will certainly recognise you two, no matter what bikes you are on, or colours you are wearing!

Those of you who can't make it - see you next time. (Spring Into The Dales, 2 weeks on Sunday?) :hello:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well this morning I couldn't get the bike to index at all, so I camped out on the Specialized Concept Stores front door step until they opened at 10am and begged a favour and they said they would look at the bike if they got a min which was good of them considering they had a 2 week waiting list and a queue of people bringing bikes in to be serviced.

So they called me later on and told me that the mech hanger was bent but they had one in stock so I told them just to fix whatever was the problem and I now have it back, however I havent had chance to ride it as I have only just finished working so cross fingers it is sorted.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well this morning I couldn't get the bike to index at all, so I camped out on the Specialized Concept Stores front door step until they opened at 10am and begged a favour and they said they would look at the bike if they got a min which was good of them considering they had a 2 week waiting list and a queue of people bringing bikes in to be serviced.

So they called me later on and told me that the mech hanger was bent but they had one in stock so I told them just to fix whatever was the problem and I now have it back, however I havent had chance to ride it as I have only just finished working so cross fingers it is sorted.
Hope the bike is ok, Phil.

How did it get bent - chucking the bike in the back of your car?

I have recharged the batteries for my Garmin, uploaded the route and moved the mounting bracket from the other bike. What I haven't done is to clean and lube the chain, and clean the rest of the bike. I think I'll do that after getting back from the shops with my choc rations.

Top Bottom