England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
Anyone recognise this dodgy character?
View attachment 41708
Bumped into him AT THE TRACK TODAY.

I saw him as well.
The only CCer I can think of who looks a bit like that and is pretty nippy, is Calum but I think he is down in Bristol, though he is coming up for SITD at the weekend, so maybe he came up early? I don't think it is him, but I have never seen him with anything on his head, apart from his glasses!

Maybe he's a member on here?

Oh, I forgot ... did anybody count the riders setting off from Spring Wood? I can think of about 30, but may have forgotten a few.
How mysterious.

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
It was nice to meet you Sam, and I hope you and your dad turn out for some of my more rides out that way! There is going to be another one in June which will go up several big hills so you will have to decide if you are going to be ready for that. It will be about 100 km in length.

I think you are probably the youngest rider to turn out on one of my forum rides. We have had a 19 year old and a 17 year old in the past, but most riders are aged between about 30 and 60.

Thanks again Colin. Great to see you so well.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ha ha - it had just dawned on me that Calum is shorter and stockier, and that the mystery rider looked more like you! :laugh:
Actually, there might not be that much difference in height but he has had a lot more years of riding to build his legs up. He was the former second youngest rider on my forum rides. He is getting old now though - another couple of years and he will be getting towards his mid-20s! :whistle:

Anyone recognise this dodgy character?
View attachment 41708
Bumped into him AT THE TRACK TODAY.
Maybe it's me who needs glasses but could it be @Globalti's son?
0172D8B0-9E5D-4F79-A21E-085919ABF819_zps8uamdici.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Actually, there might not be that much difference in height but he has had a lot more years of riding to build his legs up. He was the former second youngest rider on my forum rides. He is getting old now though - another couple of years and he will be getting towards his mid-20s! :whistle:
Wait till I roll out Skol Jnr! He is booked to do the M/cr to Blackpool run this year, he's 11 :thumbsup:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Gutted I had to miss this-it sounds like a blas:becool:t.....I was on a trial at a pub in the South Lakes and they were nobbers:banghead::cursing::cry:. Another time hopefully!:highfive:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Gutted I had to miss this-it sounds like a blas:becool:t.....I was on a trial at a pub in the South Lakes and they were nobbers:banghead::cursing::cry:. Another time hopefully!:highfive:
Yes, it was a special ride - at least it was for me! :smile:

Most of my rides have been on a much smaller scale, but all 3 late-March ones have been well attended so I certainly hope to do one next year too.

There is another Bowland ride coming up on June 7th if you are free that day? :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That wouldn't be Potsy with a dribble mark down his jacket would it ;) ... can't take him anywhere :giggle:
He would probably claim that it was the last of the sweat from the climb evaporating ...

I still haven't worked out how many people did the ride, let alone who many of them were! Still, it was a good turn out and an a fun day on the bikes.

I did a much harder ride on Sunday with a few CycleChatters (SITD) and that went well too, though we had an even worse killer wind on the way back!

Top Bottom