England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
It was cold then as we left bolton abbey it rained then me & potsy went on ahead as we came out of Keighley and as we came down into HB it was rain/hail/snow probably more hail than snow but not what you want at that time of year.

Here is a picture taken in April 2013 under the snow is the road I was trying to cycle on.

SP_A0020_zps2ba23d16.jpg

A fat bike might work on that.
http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/mountain/fat-bike/caribou

caribou-angled.jpg

gavgav

Guru
I was reading some long range forecasts just yesterday, and while I know they can't always predict what it'll be doing tomorrow, I'm seriously hoping that they're way wrong on THIS one :cold:

[EDIT] I should add that the link above was just the first one I found, but this is being reported by many sources ATM.
:rofl::rofl: The Daily Distress strikes again!! It WILL be wrong. They had a very similar article this time last year, suggesting we would have snow from November until March........we had none in Shropshire!!

Without wanting to ruin a good discussion about the weather :banghead:, I've put the date in my diary. However, being a professional malingerer xx( these days, I'll see how things go,

Svendo

Guru
Do
IIRC, the Express made a similar prediction about last winter...
Don't fret, acc. To Guardian these company's seem to be rent-a-quote weather panic factories with no real forecasting going on.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In case anybody stumbling across this thread doesn't notice the 2015 rerun - we will be doing a repeat of this ride on Sat, 28th March 2015 - new ride thread HERE - If you fancy having a go, remember - ALL WELCOME! :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I intend to do the ride again in 2016 at about the same time of year so I hope you will both consider coming along again!

In fact, I am going to start repeating some of my other rides too, such as the Dales ride from Settle and the 200 km ride in Cheshire. It takes quite a lot of time to plan these rides and it is difficult to keep coming up with different routes in the same area so doing the best ones annually seems like a good idea.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I intend to do the ride again in 2016 at about the same time of year so I hope you will both consider coming along again!

In fact, I am going to start repeating some of my other rides too, such as the Dales ride from Settle and the 200 km ride in Cheshire. It takes quite a lot of time to plan these rides and it is difficult to keep coming up with different routes in the same area so doing the best ones annually seems like a good idea.
I'd love to see the Trough in autumn... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'd love to see the Trough in autumn... :thumbsup:
Ah, now that would be possible ... I don't necessarily have to repeat them on the same dates every year.

I would keep the very long rides and the very hard ones for the summer, but there is no reason why others can't be moved around a bit.

Ok, we'll keep that Trough ride for autumn 2016, and I'll pick another route for the end of March!

Top Bottom