Comedy You Rewatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Robin Williams - Live at the Met circa 1977. He's obviously on something but it's hilarious.
Denis Leary - No Cure for Cancer and another on I can't remember the name of. In NCFC he's obviously p*****d, in the second one sober. The difference is remarkable.

Could it really be a comedy?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I have been introducing my teenage daughter to the comedy shows of my youth. We started with Spaced and Black Books which she loved.
OMG. I must be older than I thought. Black Books is one of the comedy shows of my adulthood.

As well as that, we've recently rewatched most of Green Wing, periodically go back to Coupling and have a Frasier set to see again. There are other things I'd happily rewatch, including Blackadder (and I'd like to see series 1, just to see whether it's as bad as Rowan Atkinson thinks), Goodness Gracious Me and Smack the Pony.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Totally agree... and you can add Allo Allo and Only Fools and Horses to that list..

But each to their own and all that..
I think people often view OFAH through rose tinted glasses. There were some absolutely hilarious scenes but there was also quite a lot that wasn't funny. I feel the same about Monty Python

OP
OP
Vidor06

Vidor06

Long term loafer
OMG. I must be older than I thought. Black Books is one of the comedy shows of my adulthood.

As well as that, we've recently rewatched most of Green Wing, periodically go back to Coupling and have a Frasier set to see again. There are other things I'd happily rewatch, including Blackadder (and I'd like to see series 1, just to see whether it's as bad as Rowan Atkinson thinks), Goodness Gracious Me and Smack the Pony.
Black Books was first shown in 2000 when I was 25. I think I was still a yoof at 25. At least I was pretending to be anyway.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Black Books was first shown in 2000 when I was 25. I think I was still a yoof at 25. At least I was pretending to be anyway.
Oof. I need to remember that if I'd had a kid when my parents had me, that child would be approaching GCSE year by now. And that if we'd had children as soon we got married the first one would have graduated.

I think I need a drink.

Reactions: rvw
Top Bottom