Communication breakdown...

Smileys:- Menace to mankind?

• No!! A post without a smiley is like a fried egg without ketchup

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes. Unless posts are in clear and unambiguous English I can't possibly read them.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • WTF?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • LOL!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Welcome Mrs. P.! Please understand, we do other things than slang off other cycling forums, most of the time! And if it weren't for one person...

Pete

simonali said:
Shortly after this some of my posts were removed from a contentious thread and put in the hotel
One of my 'bullet points' in my little list, was to have been "immediate abolition of the Hotel". As I've said in an earlier thread, no heads on spikes please!

Pete

It's a long story. And I must to bed, off to France tomorrow for ten days :ohmy:. Someone else fill RT in?

Pete

I was about to post - more breaking news! I thought the Hotel had finally been bulldozed - but: no! It's just been shifted to a subforum called Archive. But - I wonder if someone somewhere has been reading something...:ohmy:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Rhythm Thief said:
For those of us who don't care about ACF and have no inside knowledge of the place, can someone please explain what happened over there to bring all this on?:ohmy:
The forum owner banned smilies because he didn't like them.
In a very, very small nutshell...

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Pete said:
I was about to post - more breaking news! I thought the Hotel had finally been bulldozed - but: no! It's just been shifted to a subforum called Archive. But - I wonder if someone somewhere has been reading something...:ohmy:
Someone, somewhere, reads everything...:biggrin:

Pete

Chuffy said:
Someone, somewhere, reads everything...:evil:
Too right, Chuffers! And Sam W, I know you're reading this too! You've probably sussed by now who's been having a bit of fun on Anarchia - which you've now deleted or hidden? Perhaps you'd like to register on here and answer your critics? I'm sure you'll get a hearing.

And now I really must get to bed... ta-ra folks!

simonali

Guru
Pete said:
One of my 'bullet points' in my little list, was to have been "immediate abolition of the Hotel". As I've said in an earlier thread, no heads on spikes please!

I don't believe I've impaled anyone. I just explained why I felt compelled to leave there, which was some time ago now, so all water under water traversing structures now.

wafflycat

Mrs Pingu said:
11.gif

Me thinks the exodus hath not yet finished.

Hello you! :evil:

SheilaH

Well, I'm none the wiser. I've read the latest posts and the forum admin has appeared to answer his critics. He wanted to try an 'experiment' to see what effect the absence of smileys would have. A not unreasonable idea. Many forumers have objected to this... also not unreasonable. What I don't understand is why anyone would get so hot under the collar about as to upsticks and leave. It's hardly the end of the world. I'm left thinking that if 'Sam' is as cunning and controlling as some of you have reason to think, maybe it is a devious ploy on his part to deliberately flush out some of the deadwood :evil:

Top Bottom