Communication breakdown...

Smileys:- Menace to mankind?

• No!! A post without a smiley is like a fried egg without ketchup

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes. Unless posts are in clear and unambiguous English I can't possibly read them.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • WTF?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • LOL!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SheilaH

Well, with that being the case why not rejoin? You stated that you had a falling out with Sam, but you are both adults. Besides, if that fails couldn't you join under a different username?

(btw what is a 'sort of' mod?)

Noodley

SheilaH said:
Well, with that being the case why not rejoin? You stated that you had a falling out with Sam, but you are both adults.

Go and post something on ACF with my forum name on it. Perhaps ask if anyone has heard of me recently as you were wondering where I was...;)

Noodley

SheilaH said:
Give me your password then....

Sorry, what I meant was go onto ACF and ask using your username "Anyone seen Noodley recently? I was wondering where he has got to."

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sheila - If you check, you will notice that most of us have made postings on all sorts of subjects. You however have posted only on Madeleine and this. A bit odd therefore for you to start criticising other people for going on about this, in what is increasingly seeming a bit of a faux-naive manner the more you push it. You've very welcome here, as any newcomer, but surely it's not a great first move to start wading into dicsussions you say you don't understand... ?

Perhaps it's time to call a halt to this discussion anyway.

SheilaH, speaking as someone who doesn't have a lot of history of bikeforums behind me, I sometimes find myself reading threads wondering what it's all about. Very slowly the shape of things reveal themselves. Some I think 'Oh for Gawds sake', some have more significance and some are very personal. I have enough respect for the latter not to question someones decision, so I'm not quite sure why you are?

As for ACF; I looked at it, seems like a good forum but unfortunately the introductory blurb and philosophy put me off, so I didn't join. This one does me fine and I only have time in my life for one forum addiction at once.

I note you don't use smilies ;)

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Pete said:
Must admit, I'm beginning to smell a rat here ... or should I say, a Flange...? :biggrin:
Er, you might have to clarify that Pete. You may be wrong and that remark could be...misconstrued. ;)

FM - I can see why you might be wary, but everyone has to start somewhere.

SheilaH

Flying_Monkey said:
Sheila - If you check, you will notice that most of us have made postings on all sorts of subjects. You however have posted only on Madeleine and this. A bit odd therefore for you to start criticising other people for going on about this, in what is increasingly seeming a bit of a faux-naive manner the more you push it. You've very welcome here, as any newcomer, but surely it's not a great first move to start wading into dicsussions you say you don't understand... ?

Perhaps it's time to call a halt to this discussion anyway.

Ok, well I've checked and I've noticed that you made this post:

"This troll, 'softpeadals' - which one of our occasional infestation is it? He's certainly not very sharp... anyway, keep an eye on him, mods..."

Apologies, but that strikes me as precisely the sort of behaviour that you are critiscising here.... and a bit creepy, you aren't ex-Stasi are you?

But, I take your point. I shouldn't get involved in things that happened before my time. ;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
SheilaH said:
Ok, well I've checked and I've noticed that you made this post:

"This troll, 'softpeadals' - which one of our occasional infestation is it? He's certainly not very sharp... anyway, keep an eye on him, mods..."

Apologies, but that strikes me as precisely the sort of behaviour that you are critiscising here.... and a bit creepy, you aren't ex-Stasi are you?

But, I take your point. I shouldn't get involved in things that happened before my time. ;)

Well, seeing as I made the post in public, I'm in no position of power here, and it was a troll, the post is hardly creepy and in fact exactly the opposite of what's being discussed here. But apart from that, nice analogy! :biggrin:

Oh, and enjoy it here, you can say what you like... I will even apologise for suggesting you might have any underhand intent. :biggrin:

Top Bottom