Company response about dangerous driving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My email:

Dear Sir
I would be grateful if you explained to the elderly grey- haired gentleman driving your liveried vehicle east-bound on Pottergate ten minutes ago today that ignoring a Give Way sign and driving towards a cyclist (me) on the wrong side of the road is extremely frightening and likely to kill someone. The Give Way sign is there for a reason, to keep people safe, there was no need for him to act like a boy-racer to save himself two seconds of time. This is one of the worst examples of reckless, stupid driving I've seen, that your employee does it in a vehicle emblazoned with your company details is astonishing.

The company response:

the cyclist was cycling on the wrong side of the road, in this country we cycle/drive on the left. I see hundreds of occasions every hour that cyclists do wrong, jump red /ignore lights cycle wrong way down one way street, cycle on footpaths, If you think you have power over motor vehicles to make them stop for you then i suggest you cease cycling and walk.Because you will end up dead. I see thousands of traffic offences every day in Norwich.there is virtually nil enforcement. I have a cctv camera in the windscreen of the charabanc which records at all times, it is needed in Norwich as cyclists are the worst road user in Norwich. Next comes motor cylcles, then cars, then vans. I have had 50 years: driving HGv 43 years, pcvs 15 years, 50 years cars, driven 4 million miles as far away as asia and as far as i know never hurt anyone. I used to cycle but not anymore i dont want to be seen asa cyclist in Norwich where they behave so badly.

Frederick Agombar- Sightseeing Tour of Olde Norwich.

Streetmap:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6...!1e1!3m2!1sob8EV5eaFkCw2s5xCpdHRQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

The bus ignored the Give Way sign and drove straight out over the junction, I had to swerve to avoid. As soon as I got the email I called him, he denied there was a Give Way sign, said there was no sign at all and claimed I was on the wrong side of the road. What a dick.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Everything else aside I giggled at his name. Sounds like when you describe something you can't

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
'as far as i know have never hurt anyone'- oh dear, someone clearly needs to get their head around Google's right to forget clause.
I don't think you're going to get a free day experience voucher out of him by way of apology.

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

Plus the warning sign:

cyclerouteahead.gif

I have a head cam for this reason

However I never ever mention it in the leter

In this case I would then send in the video asking why their lies and claims do not match reality and whether they would care to revise their reply before I go to to the press with it

Seems to work wonders.

Top Bottom