Complete beginner east -end of Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hellsbells2504

I am a 49 year old woman and I have just got my bike. I am a complete beginner. I have been ill the last couple of years and am just coming out of the tunnel now. I'm really unfit. I went biking about 2 weeks ago and spent most of the time walking and pushing the bike (seriously). I don't really know anyone in the east end and I'm not confident about the roads so its stopping me getting out and about. I'm looking to see if there is anyone looking to meet a new friend with a shared interest. It would be slow going at first although now I'm feeling well I am determined to get fit and lose some weight. The total extent of my bike experience is sometimes when I go to visit my mum in the Cotswold's I borrow the neighbours bike and have managed a few miles with loads of stops and walking thrown in. I'm ready to give it more time now. I work quite a lot but have most week nights free and also most weekends. Other things I like include - photography, music, films, reading.

Fubar

Guru
I am a 49 year old woman and I have just got my bike. I am a complete beginner. I have been ill the last couple of years and am just coming out of the tunnel now. I'm really unfit. I went biking about 2 weeks ago and spent most of the time walking and pushing the bike (seriously). I don't really know anyone in the east end and I'm not confident about the roads so its stopping me getting out and about. I'm looking to see if there is anyone looking to meet a new friend with a shared interest. It would be slow going at first although now I'm feeling well I am determined to get fit and lose some weight. The total extent of my bike experience is sometimes when I go to visit my mum in the Cotswold's I borrow the neighbours bike and have managed a few miles with loads of stops and walking thrown in. I'm ready to give it more time now. I work quite a lot but have most week nights free and also most weekends. Other things I like include - photography, music, films, reading.

Hi Hells Bells, welcome to the forum! You're post is probably in the wrong place but no matter PC @Scoosh will be along shortly to sort you out ;). @Pat "5mph" is a good person to speak to, she is in a group called the Belles on Bikes, based in Glasgow and as the name suggests its, er Belles on their Bikes. Some of the Belles joined us on a ride round Perthshire last Saturday, as I understand it there are over 200 members and a mix of abilities. I have referenced Pat's ID so hopefully she will be along at some point to give you some tips. Hope that helps, anything else just ask. Regards, Mark

Hi Hells Bells, welcome to the forum! You're post is probably in the wrong place but no matter PC @Scoosh will be along shortly to sort you out ;). @Pat "5mph" is a good person to speak to, she is in a group called the Belles on Bikes, based in Glasgow and as the name suggests its, er Belles on their Bikes. Some of the Belles joined us on a ride round Perthshire last Saturday, as I understand it there are over 200 members and a mix of abilities. I have referenced Pat's ID so hopefully she will be along at some point to give you some tips. Hope that helps, anything else just ask. Regards, Mark

I second the recommendation of the Belles. My partner joined them quite recently and it's improved her confidence, independence and operational range on the bike.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Hellsbells2504 and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

If it's companionship for a ride, confidence increase, riding and maintenance tips, general blethering about bikes, life, the universe and - well everything ... you've come to the right place. :bravo:

Pat and her Belles are a great group to join :bicycle: - you'll do well there. :thumbsup: Their ethos is similar to our CC Ecosse Forum Rides:
  • no one gets left behind
  • any bike will do
  • there will be CAKE :hungry: !
Look forward to meeting and riding :bicycle: with you . :smile:

shyfire

:welcome: Hellsbells2504, another fairly recent Belle here. And with perfect timing for you Pat has set up an absolute beginners session on meetup ^_^ Between here and there you'll be well on the road to many happy miles :bicycle:

Top Bottom