1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about weight loss

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Training' started by mcb2080, 15 Jan 2010.

1. darkstar

darkstar New Member

I was trying to help! Interval training has worked wonders for me before, there are more and more people advising people to use it. Jeez...
  2. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

Advert
    Hang on a minute. we re trying to help someone to loose weight here who has nt grasped MHR yet. Interval training has its uses dont get me wrong, But in this instance its not the correct route to follow and who are all " these people suggesting it is"?
  3. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

Hang on a minute. we re trying to help someone to loose weight here who has nt grasped MHR yet. Interval training has its uses dont get me wrong, But in this instance its not the correct route to follow and who are all " these people suggesting it is"?
  4. darkstar

darkstar New Member

5. darkstar

darkstar New Member

6. Garz

Garz Squat Member

What I cant understand jim is.. why you cycle to work (and possibly to the gym) then go on the stationary bike?

Firstly too much cycling can only add to the boredom and secondly the gym bike will be nowhere as comfortable as your own bike setup. :blush:
  7. Garz

Garz Squat Member

What I cant understand jim is.. why you cycle to work (and possibly to the gym) then go on the stationary bike?

Firstly too much cycling can only add to the boredom and secondly the gym bike will be nowhere as comfortable as your own bike setup. :biggrin:
  8. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

9. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

10. darkstar

darkstar New Member

Fair enough, were never going to agree.

My advice for the OP, do what you feel most comfortable doing.
  11. darkstar

darkstar New Member

Fair enough, were never going to agree.

My advice for the OP, do what you feel most comfortable doing.
  12. Bayerd

Bayerd Senior Member

My advice to the OP, watch what you eat (ish), and each time you go out try and push enough to get breathless. Try and go out every day.

It worked for me....

(and still does)
  13. Bayerd

Bayerd Senior Member

My advice to the OP, watch what you eat (ish), and each time you go out try and push enough to get breathless. Try and go out every day.

It worked for me....

(and still does)
  14. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

To answer your queerie, and Lukesdad's comment...

"There are NO HILLS in the West Midlands.":biggrin:

If I'm going to get through The Castleton Classic 200 Audax, my commute ride is not tough enough.
    There are two 10% hills on my commute; and if I tackle them at 400+ Watts, they only last seconds.:tongue:
  15. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

To answer your queerie, and Lukesdad's comment...

"There are NO HILLS in the West Midlands.":biggrin:

If I'm going to get through The Castleton Classic 200 Audax, my commute ride is not tough enough.
    There are two 10% hills on my commute; and if I tackle them at 400+ Watts, they only last seconds.:biggrin:
  16. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

What I can't understand Garz is........
  17. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

What I can't understand Garz is........
  18. Garz

Garz Squat Member

Jimbo before I got into cycling since my school years anything over 20mins on a stationary (gym) bike would be torture. With the introduction of portable music it got better but if I had the chance theres no way I would be on a stationary bike if I had the option to ride outdoors.

I guess as your training for the classic and are in the gym anyway... :smile:
  19. Garz

Garz Squat Member

Jimbo before I got into cycling since my school years anything over 20mins on a stationary (gym) bike would be torture. With the introduction of portable music it got better but if I had the chance theres no way I would be on a stationary bike if I had the option to ride outdoors.

I guess as your training for the classic and are in the gym anyway... :biggrin:
  20. PK99

PK99 Veteran

Don't use that formula!

Do a test!

I'm 54.
    220-54 = 166 max heart rate.

I cruise up steady climbs with minimal stress at 166!

Sub max test I've done suggest anything between 180 and 200 as my max.