Contador at Vuelta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is! Made of stern stuff these cyclists.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
And Wiggins for the Tour of Britain. Brailsford says it's his home race. Isn't it Froome's home race, too?

Hont

Guru
Contador not going for the overall, though, by the sound of things (and by any likelihood given how recent the injury was). But I think the Quintana/Froome/Purito/F*cking Horner battle should keep the interest high enough as long as ALL* of them don't crash in the first week.

*I don't mind one of them crashing out, as long as their surname rhymes with corner (and it's nothing too serious of course - I'm not evil).

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It is nice to see the Tour of Britain but come on, you cant really take it seriously or compare to the other 3 big tours. it is only on for one week with no big moutains like the Alps or Pyrennes, and has no TT. For the pros, I think it is just like a walk in the park ( ok, a different park ever day) and a quick and easy way to boost their income. Why don't they extend it so it goes round England, round Wales, round Scotland and a bit of Ireland as well. That would be a proper tour of Britain and more interesting.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It is nice to see the Tour of Britain but come on, you cant really take it seriously or compare to the other 3 big tours. it is only on for one week with no big moutains like the Alps or Pyrennes, and has no TT. For the pros, I think it is just like a walk in the park ( ok, a different park ever day) and a quick and easy way to boost their income. Why don't they extend it so it goes round England, round Wales, round Scotland and a bit of Ireland as well. That would be a proper tour of Britain and more interesting.
Of course you can take it seriously. It's a serious week-long stage race, of which there are many.
There's much more to pro-racing than 3 week slog-fests and only the narrow-minded and blinkered are interested in just the GTs.

MisterStan

Label Required
That's a bit like saying Paris - Nice is unimportant....

Top Bottom