Contador fails drug test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 'others do it' is a sort of playground excuse. In fact, cycling is shackled to a history of drug use which stretches back to the origins of professional racing. The fact that for decades stars openly abused drugs and then spent similarly long times claiming there was nothing wrong with it, means anyone wanting to update the story has thick wads of clippings to help them.

You can't start a movement for 'omerta' after all that and get away with it. Cycling has got to get itself to a point where administrators can confidently declare the sport clean, knowing their assertions are correct.

Football, rugby and US sports started with a 'clean' sheet and players and administrators have conspired to keep a lid on it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The 'others do it' is a sort of playground excuse. In fact, cycling is shackled to a history of drug use which stretches back to the origins of professional racing. The fact that for decades stars openly abused drugs and then spent similarly long times claiming there was nothing wrong with it, means anyone wanting to update the story has thick wads of clippings to help them.

You can't start a movement for 'omerta' after all that and get away with it. Cycling has got to get itself to a point where administrators can confidently declare the sport clean, knowing their assertions are correct.

Football, rugby and US sports started with a 'clean' sheet and players and administrators have conspired to keep a lid on it.

surely they started with omerta and kept it that way. fortunately the nature of non endurance sports makes performance enhancing drugs in them a whole different ball game.

two things which until recently you could not do in those sports, admit to taking performance enhancing drugs or admit to being gay.

raindog

er.....
Interesting statement on Contador's site:

http://www.albertoco...alle.php?id=493
thanks for the link

The Union Cycliste Internationale notified the Royal Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC) that clenbuterol could have come into Alberto Contador’s body in four different ways. During the proceedings, we called upon experts from around the world to analyze one by one all the possibilities argued by the UCI, in order to prove Contador’s innocence. Both Spain’s State Anti-Doping Agency, asked by the RFEC, as well as various experts in toxicology, pharmacokinetics, chemistry, hematology, physiology, medicine, etc. scientifically ruled out each of the three other possibilities addressed by the UCI, all of them concluding that the only possible explanation was food contamination. No scientist consulted doubted their verdict.
Thus, applying that weighting of probabilities required by the World Anti-Doping Code, we have demonstrated that the theory of ingesting contaminated meat was the only one possible......

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It sounds great. I really shouldn't let my prejudice against internet pharmaceuticals get the better of me and start doping for the FNRttC.

:biggrin: I'll go halves!

The blurb in that ad says that it is used by sportsmen to lose weight and Bertie was reported to be carrying a bit of timber at the Dauphin Libere prior to the tour.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
:biggrin: I'll go halves!

The blurb in that ad says that it is used by sportsmen to lose weight and Bertie was reported to be carrying a bit of timber at the Dauphin Libere prior to the tour.

Awesome, let's do a bulk order :biggrin:

raindog

er.....
What's your point?
aw - don't get all prickly, I hate the f ckin' Eagles just as much as you. :biggrin:
Wasn't trying to make a point and I hope peelywally isn't offended. I'm just gobsmacked that someone posting in the racing section of a bike forum has never heard the story of Simpson on the Ventoux. After all, it's probably the most famous event of uk pro racing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What's your point? There's a lot of car drivers who don't know who Jim Clark was!

aw - don't get all prickly, I hate the f ckin' Eagles just as much as you. :biggrin:
Wasn't trying to make a point and I hope peelywally isn't offended. I'm just gobsmacked that someone posting in the racing section of a bike forum has never heard the story of Simpson on the Ventoux. After all, it's probably the most famous event of uk pro racing.

Never mind all that, you two - are you coming in on the bulk order of Clen?

yello

Never mind all that, you two - are you coming in on the bulk order of Clen?

Fancy a Big Mac (praps it should be a Big Mig?) yourself then do you?

Did you know that I can ask for a hamburger with cheese in 5 different languages? Polyglot, me.

Top Bottom