Cracking birthday present from in-laws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Off my wife and mum I managed to get a nice selection of presents but non cycling related...... Got my card off the inlaws today... And included a gift voucher for my first accreditation lesson at Derby velodrome I was like wow...
It was something I really wanted a go at.... They said if I like it perhaps further lessons could follow for Christmas presents......

Can't wait to get it booked......

13 rider

Guru
It's brilliant if a bit scary :eek: . The first session is a lot of stop starting getting use to riding fixed wheel but they will get you all the way up the banking . I believe there are 4 stages of accreditation Ive done stage 1 and 2 . The last 10 mins of stage 1 were the most fun a free for all with controlled overtaking . You will need to hire shoes £5 if you don't have look Keo cleats .
Go for it you will have fun

Mrs M

Guru
Off my wife and mum I managed to get a nice selection of presents but non cycling related...... Got my card off the inlaws today... And included a gift voucher for my first accreditation lesson at Derby velodrome I was like wow...
It was something I really wanted a go at.... They said if I like it perhaps further lessons could follow for Christmas presents......

Can't wait to get it booked......
How nice of them :smile:
Hope you enjoy it.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Maybe they hate you and want you to kill yourself on the banking?

If Mrs V had booked it I might have considered this the reason.. She will checking on my life insurance before I go....

Sometimes I get on better with them than their daughter :whistle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
It's brilliant if a bit scary :eek: . The first session is a lot of stop starting getting use to riding fixed wheel but they will get you all the way up the banking . I believe there are 4 stages of accreditation Ive done stage 1 and 2 . The last 10 mins of stage 1 were the most fun a free for all with controlled overtaking . You will need to hire shoes £5 if you don't have look Keo cleats .
Go for it you will have fun

Funnily enough I only looked on the website last week and yes it's 4 sessions I would need...

With regard to the shoes.... They've covered all the costs bar the shoes as they didn't know if I had the right ones... But have said they will sort that out as well with cash!!!

OP
OP
simon the viking
Strangely enough I've never really fancied big group riding/racing on the road.... But really fancied ago at track cycling... So looking forward to it

Slick

Guru
Excellent, part of me fancies a go on it during the winter but confidence is a bit low amongst others. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

I went to Lee Valley Velodrome last week. It was great fun and not as difficult as it might seem.
The taster group before me had 2 taken off after 5 minutes, I'm guessing the instructor felt they weren't competent and potentially a danger to the others.

The group I went with already knew each other, and we had to have ridden a track bike before. We also had two BC coaches with us, and we shared a 2-hour session with another group, so we got time out to get our breath back now and again.
Was that the taster at lea valley as I thought it was only an hour? There was no experience requirement but anyone who didn't get it quickly were seemingly off.

Top Bottom