Critérium du Dauphiné 2015, June 7-14 2015 **** Spoilers ****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Isn't their also some odd rule where it can also depend upon time since becoming a pro? So, you could have a 30 year old classified as a "young rider".
Looking it up, it looks like historically that was the case, along with a few other quirks and there's some inconsistency between races as to how the category is defined but for most purposes, it's now under 26.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
A haiku:

Why does Chris Froome spend
So much time looking downwards
Instead of forwards?

Seriously, is there any benefit, or does he risk missing something important just in front of him, like, er, I dunno, someone falling over and bringing him down, when being more alert could enable him to avoid a painful and potentially crucial collision?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Noo in 2012 , Brailsford surgically removed Froomes neck muscles and put them in Bradley's legs.

Marginal gains. Fact.
Clever how they kept the lateral movement though. He finished the stage at a cadence of about 130 at the top of a mountain and he was shaking his head at the same speed. It's not a coincidence that he's never been bothered by mountain flies.

Never be in the same class as Millar..
I just commented that it must be okay for him to just leave four grand lying..
unless this is another Sky 'We really don't know the rules'
I guess I meant that Millar was known for his ignoring the media etc and being generally grumpy often times. Depriving the domestiques of a wee extra coin is also a bit selfish of course. I am stuck in Alberta so never saw the race live, did Froome manage to show up for the post race chit chat this time ?

Last edited:

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Seriously, is there any benefit, or does he risk missing something important just in front of him, like, er, I dunno, someone falling over and bringing him down, when being more alert could enable him to avoid a painful and potentially crucial collision?

He's watching his power meter isn't he? I think there is a small aero benefit but given how he wrestles a bike, I doubt it makes much difference.

It was said that he was looking at his power meter, but I think he's said since that it's just the way he rides, a habit he's got into. Remember he learned his riding style (not that there's anything stylish about it) riding solo in Africa before he ever had a power meter or, I suppose, knew anything about aerodynamics.

Chris Froome said:
“I’m not looking at anything, I just find my neck gets [sore] if I look up ... For some reason I feel when I look down I’m able to breathe a lot easier. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I feel it’s a much more comfortable position to do really hard efforts. Obviously when I look down I can see at least a good five metres in front of me ... I do need to keep looking up to check!”

Richie Porte said once that he's always riding into other cyclists / team mates -

Richie Porte said:
"I read somewhere that Froome was criticised for always reading his SRM but that’s just how he rides, with his head down. I train with the guy everyday and he’s forever just riding into you, but that’s just how he rides"

KneesUp

Guru
Sat down to catch up with this last night only to realise that my Eurosport series link had tennis, the second half of a football match and some athletics instead of the last three stages. Not impressed!

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
A great race and a great result. Brailsford might have a selection dilemma on his hands for the TdF. Boswell (who famously found out he was riding the Dauphiné when Sky announced it on Twitter) had a great week and Roche, Deignan and Poels showed what good wingmen they are. Kennaugh and Stannard were their usual reliable selves. When you consider the other talent at the Tour de Suisse (Thomas, Henao) and those who have rested since the Giro (Porte, Kiryienka, Nieve, König), Sir Dave's cup runneth over.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Sat down to catch up with this last night only to realise that my Eurosport series link had tennis, the second half of a football match and some athletics instead of the last three stages. Not impressed!
Catch up the ITV highlights on ITV player. I've enjoyed listening to Ned Boulting and David Millar.

raindog

er.....
2 shots of the Montvernier climb from yesterday - pretty amazing

20474_15-06-2015_8543.jpg

20474_15-06-2015_9511.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I guess I meant that Millar was known for his ignoring the media etc and being generally grumpy often times. Depriving the domestiques of a wee extra coin is also a bit selfish of course. I am stuck in Alberta so never saw the race live, did Froome manage to show up for the post race chit chat this time ?
TBH pretty busy with stuff at home so as soon as the race finished, I had to go.
I'm assuming he did as nothing on thread about it...
Millar, aye.
Grumpy wee git but hero still the same.

I hope you are in a bumpy, winding bit of Canada(if cycling), my wife has relations in Sask and the road home from the airport has one bend in it...after about 70 miles driving.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
TBH pretty busy with stuff at home so as soon as the race finished, I had to go.
I'm assuming he did as nothing on thread about it...
Yes, it looked like there was a full set of interviews this time.
I hope you are in a bumpy, winding bit of Canada(if cycling), my wife has relations in Sask and the road home from the airport has one bend in it...after about 70 miles driving.
Ah, but what about the purple mountains rising majestically on the horizon? There's nothing to block your view.</corner-gas>

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Catch up the ITV highlights on ITV player. I've enjoyed listening to Ned Boulting and David Millar.
Indeed. It's almost worth putting up with British adverts for them. But why are they broadcasting with the sound 30% lower than other shows, or more than the ads?

The Eurosport EPG is a work of fiction and has been for a long time. If there's anything live before it, add at least an hour around the published time to be sure of getting what you want.

Top Bottom