Crud Roadracer Mk2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Excellent Phil,so they fit on OK with Durano+,look really neat on your bike.Give us a report next time you go out in the wet
thumbsup.png

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Excellent Phil,so they fit on OK with Durano+,look really neat on your bike.Give us a report next time you go out in the wet
thumbsup.png

Yes they seem ok, the only problem I had was the bit that is next to the front derailleur was rubbing on the rear tyre, so I found that slackening off the tie wrap seemed to stop that from happening.

I will let you know if anything drops off or starts rubbing when I next go out.

Oh yes also remember I have replaced the Tektro brakes with 105's which gives a bit more clearance.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Yes they seem ok, the only problem I had was the bit that is next to the front derailleur was rubbing on the rear tyre, so I found that slackening off the tie wrap seemed to stop that from happening.

Oh yes also remember I have replaced the Tektro brakes with 105's which gives a bit more clearance.

I have a set of mk1 crudbuster race guards.The only problem with them is that they didnt come down far enough to the bottom bracket area on the back one.

The mk2 looks to have solved that problem very nicely.

If ever any of the parts break crud will replace them for the cost of the postage.I broke my front one when a stone or something picked up on a muddy tyre . Theres a page on there website about it. Good guards and a great company.

potsy

Rambler

Hi Phil.
Have you noticed much difference with the 105 brakes?
How are you finding the Durano's?

Mine have been on since beginning of May and around 1000 miles now without putting a foot wrong.
Think I'll upgrade parts as they wear out rather than replace already working stuff.

MessenJah

Rider
These look like they've just added extra bits to the original ones rather than redesign the entire mudguard. I hope that this is the case as it means anyone who's already bought the Mk1 guards can upgrade without buying a whole new set.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Hi Phil.
Have you noticed much difference with the 105 brakes?
How are you finding the Durano's?

Mine have been on since beginning of May and around 1000 miles now without putting a foot wrong.
Think I'll upgrade parts as they wear out rather than replace already working stuff.

The 105 brakes are excellent I got them off a bike dealer on ebay for £49.99 inc P&P so they just had to be bought, in black of course. I found the tektro's were getting in the way of the crud's and the 105's have a much better clearence and look better and seem to work better as well.

The duranos are fine and no slower than the tyres the bike came with I have covered about 1300 - 1500 miles (not sure without looking) on the bike since I got it in May with no problems at all.

potsy

Rambler
Cruds delivered today unfortunately I was out so will pick them up Friday,good service from Wiggle considering they were out of stock when I placed my order on saturday.
Looking for some 105,or maybe Tiagra brakes now to upgrade the Secteur from the no name originals.

potsy

Rambler
Right started fitting 30 mins ago,have had to have a rest the rear one is just starting to take shape
ohmy.gif
going to be a long job I think.
Nothing like the almost instant fit of the SKS Raceblades,though the coverage does look like it's going to be very good.
Hopefully get them up and running later for a test ride
thumbsup.png

Right started fitting 30 mins ago,have had to have a rest the rear one is just starting to take shape
ohmy.gif
going to be a long job I think.
Nothing like the almost instant fit of the SKS Raceblades,though the coverage does look like it's going to be very good.
Hopefully get them up and running later for a test ride
thumbsup.png

How did the cruds perform on test run? They look like they dont have enough support to stop them moving and rattling around on poor road surfaces. Be nice though to have a pair fitted to my Boardman.

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
How did the cruds perform on test run? They look like they dont have enough support to stop them moving and rattling around on poor road surfaces. Be nice though to have a pair fitted to my Boardman.

I can add to this.
Been using for 2 weeks now, and they don't rub or rattle or move around. My commute route is very bumpy in places and now I don't even think about them any more. I also have been very pleased with the protection afforded.

zophiel

Veteran

mine rattle a lot. I haven't had a look why yet though. Everything was tight when they were installed. This is on a ribble commuter

Top Bottom