Cryptic clues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Motobecane

Motobecane

Guru
OK. Lets keep the pressure up.
Stupidly, Dad takes part. (6)

I'm going to change the clue. This is a bit easier:

Lets keep the pressure up! Stupidly, Dad has nap. (6)

GM

Legendary Member
Correct, well done. Type the word spoiler in square brackets, then your text, then /spoiler in square brackets.

...or you can click on the icon in your message toolbar - the one that looks like a page of text (to the left of the camera icon). Choose SPOILER from drop dowm menu and then click continue (you don't need to add a title unless you want to). Then type your answer between the two 'SPOILER' words.

it works

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Now you made me google. Schrader valves are named for August Schrader, who didn't spell his name with 2 Es. Whether he dropped the umlaut when moving to the USA or it never had one is left as an exercise for the reader.
Ooh heck, there I've been writing Schräder all this time thinking it was correct. I'm fairly sure that that was the original German spelling though.

OP
OP
Motobecane

Motobecane

Guru
presta. Dad is Pa, nap is rest. Stupidly suggests it's an anagram of those two.
Correct! Dad (Pa) has (meaning there is a word placed within 'Pa').

RichardB

Slightly retro
Now you made me google. Schrader valves are named for August Schrader, who didn't spell his name with 2 Es. Whether he dropped the umlaut when moving to the USA or it never had one is left as an exercise for the reader.
Mea maxima culpa. I assumed it was Schraeder and didn't even bother to check. Back to skool.

Top Bottom