CX Boardman team 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barlowben16

Wondering if anyone can help was thinking about getting the CX boardman team 2016 I like the gear components on it and I like it could prob take my weight 6,2 18 stone. Has anyone put road slick tires on one of these ? If so how did it go...

grellboy

Über Member
Got the 2014 version in shiny silver and I love it. It had some Rapid Robs on (Schwalbe) which were fine off road but for the summer I knew I would be mostly on the road - but still wanted the assurance of some sort of protection if I did decide to detour off road. Therefore I got some Continental Gator Skins (32mm) and they have been great. Good speed on tarmac (4 Koms on Strava!) and no punctures despite the occasional off road foray.

OP
OP
Barlowben16

Barlowben16

Got the 2014 version in shiny silver and I love it. It had some Rapid Robs on (Schwalbe) which were fine off road but for the summer I knew I would be mostly on the road - but still wanted the assurance of some sort of protection if I did decide to detour off road. Therefore I got some Continental Gator Skins (32mm) and they have been great. Good speed on tarmac (4 Koms on Strava!) and no punctures despite the occasional off road foray.

Thanks I think I'm gonna get and I was actually looking at them gator skins which are not that expensive to add. I've just signed up to the London revoulution so was a bit worried if I was gonna do 100 miles in a day.

grellboy

Über Member
Did 100 the other week with the Gators on: no problems at all and prety speedy too, especially compared to cx tyres.

OP
OP
Barlowben16

Barlowben16

Got the bike great bike for the price £750 cycle republic, Still new to taking cycling seriously well semi seriously and was told pretty good components on the bike I like the disc brakes but need to do something on the squeak. Also change the tires to gatorskins 32s and i am loving it bit weighty but i am 6,2 18 stone hahaha.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you join British Cycling and get 10% off? (£35 membership)

I got a 2014 model at the weekend for around £430 with various discounts and what not, only 53cm available so would have been too small for you :smile:

OP
OP
Barlowben16

Barlowben16

I got a 2014 model at the weekend for around £430 with various discounts and what not, only 53cm available so would have been too small for you :smile:

I didn't join but I actually saw a little leaflet in Evans regarding that is it worth signing up for other than the 10 percent ?

Is the 2014 the silver one if so its nice.

jamin100

Guru

Was this for the team model vickster? And was it in store only ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, especially if commuting/riding in London/busy roads as you get 3rd party indemnity and legal cover. Not sure Evans covered, Halfords who sell boardmans?

Yes, to silver

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks @vickster how'd you get it down to 430?

I can get the 10% off with BC which gets it to around 485 ?
Yes either BC or the £100 free accessories. I only needed £60 of stuff so they knocked £40 off as they couldn't figure out how to give me the £40 on a gift card

And £16 quidco

Last edited:
Top Bottom