Cycle Chat London Summer Drinks 31st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Following the rip roaring success of the Christmas drinks last year I have taken it upon myself to organise some Summer time drinks on Friday 31st July. The venue is still to be decided, but it will not have music, therefore forcing us all to engage in scintillating conversation. There may even be a post-drinks meal of the curry variety.
If you are interested please let me know.

U

User10571

Interested.
Al Barone Shad Thames has a track record for being effective.
Just sayin'........

Previous experience dictates they'd welcome prior notice.....
If numbers are in volume...

Last edited by a moderator:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Might be doing the hackney audax the next day so might pop in for quick drink only. will be working nearby that day at ex-employer so could swing by about 7pm ish. great idea, Tim.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
All Bar One is fine at lunchtime but it can be an absolute nightmare on a summer evening. I jostled for 20 minutes to get a round at one of the previous Summer Drinks. Grim.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You always say that, but I think that was back in April 2011 on a day when it was quite busy. As far as I know people have met there several times since then without any problems at all.
Maybe I'm being unfair on the place. The bun fight to get the drinks made a lasting impression. When it's not packed it's delightful.

Ganymede

Veteran
Bookmarking in case I am in town. Is it a particular area of town we're looking at, if so I might be able to suggest a venue?

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I wasn't impressed with All Bar One at Christmas. They have music that is played so loud you can't have a conversation.

My top 3 city venues, are The Phene, (down the bottom of Margeretta terrace, just off of the Kings Road), The Gun, (down Coldharbour, near Blackwall DLR station), and Waxy O' Connor's not far from Picadilly circus, if that helps. The added bonus with Waxy's, is that if you're a bloke, you get to pee in a bucket. I'd substitute The Coach and Horses, in Berkley Square (if a more traditional venue is required), or suggest the White Horse, in Parson's Green, if damnned fine Scotch eggs are your thing, or The Albert, on Kingston Hill, if people are based mainly way out west.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
great idea but (un?)fortunately I shall be on my way - on foot - from Geneva to Menton: 11 days in & probably footsore so in need of a drink....

Top Bottom