Cycle routes to the Velodrome?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've got so used to the Olympic area being a complete no go area that I've no idea what routes cyclists can can use to get to the track events. Assuming, of course, that they'll let cyclists cycle to cycling venues....

Does anybody know a) which access roads/paths are in use, and b) whether muggins with no tickets would be able to cycle up so that I can get a close up view of the building?

I can't find any specific access info from the website.

subaqua

What’s the point
I've got so used to the Olympic area being a complete no go area that I've no idea what routes cyclists can can use to get to the track events. Assuming, of course, that they'll let cyclists cycle to cycling venues....

Does anybody know a) which access roads/paths are in use, and b) whether muggins with no tickets would be able to cycle up so that I can get a close up view of the building?

I can't find any specific access info from the website.

no bikes will be allowed past the entry points to the park secure zone. the secure zone starts at the spectator transit Malls at the North and south of the park. the cycle parking facilities at the spectator transit malls are non existant - amazing how much PE you can fit in a bike frame. wouldn't fancy welding it together after though !!!

in a nutshell forget about cyclig to the games. cycle to leyton or stratford stations and then use tube /bus

subaqua

What’s the point
Apparently frame bombs would not work, and there has never been a case of one. All exploding bicycles had the bomb in a bag or basket.
See http://www.john-adams.co.uk/

i think they don't want to take the risk of the first working one hapening at the olympics.
sadly the police have been able to get a "device" onto the park through the screening system.
what was the name of the security firm that used to lose prisoners? guess who is running olympic security :eek:

sheddy

Legendary Member
I thought I saw some road bikes on TV last week parked in the Velodrome infield for the World Cup.
I know its not the OGames, but I though this was supposed to be a dress rehearsal

subaqua

What’s the point
I thought I saw some road bikes on TV last week parked in the Velodrome infield for the World Cup.
I know its not the OGames, but I though this was supposed to be a dress rehearsal

you will Hoy has a warm down on them , they will have been searched to within an inch of their life. like my rucksack every morning. and the loss of signal last night was nothing to do with me and my works on the park

Deanno1dad

Über Member
If I cycled to Stratford do you think they'll let me have a go with my Scott Hybrid on their new velodrome?
probably paid enough on my council tax olympic subsidy the last few years to warrant some pay back lol

Top Bottom