CycleChat Government.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Ahem, already bagsied.
You B'stard.

In that case I'll be Ali G in da House. :biggrin:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I did and survived. (But it was like playing snakes and ladders and the bad snake got to do its work.)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't think @Sara_H would have me in her Government when I couldn't possibly agree with her transport policy. BUILD MORE ROADS - and I'll consider voting for you. Do it like France - take the heavy traffic onto toll motorways and leave the existing roads nice and quiet for the rest of us. Oh, and maintain them like the French do :thumbsup:.

I would ask for Transport Secretary, but I suspect it has already been taken, so, instead, let me be Cycletrack Secretary and I'll build you a network of world class routes as well as upgrading the existing network. This would negate the previous suggestion by @Brandane to build more roads. Surely making cycletracks would be cheaper, so there would be more money for tea and cake??!! :okay:

I would like to re-nationalise buses, trains and trams.

I don't know much about buses and Trams, but being a Rail enthusiast, I most certainly would NOT relationalise the railways, too much has happened to sensibly reverse it now anyway.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I would ask for Transport Secretary, but I suspect it has already been taken, so, instead, let me be Cycletrack Secretary and I'll build you a network of world class routes as well as upgrading the existing network. This would negate the previous suggestion to build more roads. Surely making cycletracks would be cheaper, so there would be more money for tea and cake??!!
We build the new roads. Only they are not built wide enough for cars to use.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We build the new roads. Only they are not built wide enough for cars to use.

Cycletracks in other words. I just mean I would upgrade all the existing tracks and so on, therefore saving a lot of money on building an entirely new network of.... 'Roads' as you put it where they aren't needed, whilst building them where they ARE needed!

It always occurs to me that long distance tracks built next to railway lines and so would be good, so if you get a mechanical or end up bonking, etc, then you hopefully won't be too far from help!

My election Manifesto is that you will be able to cycle anywhere in the country on a world class network of tracks where you will not have to use a road once (well, within reason I mean).

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It will also have other benefits as it means that there will be less run ins between drivers and cyclists, therefore reducing stress and the associated effects of that, the number of people getting injured or killed should drop considerably, AND it will encourage more people to get out on their bikes, get fit, and therefore save money for the NHS!!*

* - Yes I see the irony of my words regarding less people dying on the roads, but really, I would prefer people to be happy than dead.

Top Bottom