Cycles Rossi of Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Latest arrival at chez Biggs is an 80's Cycles Rossi of Nottingham road bike.

Complete with Gold annodized "Perrin" hubs on Mavic sprint rums with tubs , smattering of campag chainset and rr mechanism , rest is Shimano exage bits.

Columbus slx tubing , a couple of previous owners and has been laid up for last 5 years due to previous owners health , i had to be almost vetted to make sure i was going to give it some love and attention along with some miles .

First decision is to keep the yellow cables or go black , bar tape will go for sure and be replaced with either black or yellow to match .

Unsure re keeping tubs and sprints it came with a matching set but rear tub has an issue so swapped rear wheel so i could have a ride .

WP_20150805_002.jpg
WP_20150805_003.jpg
WP_20150805_004.jpg
WP_20150803_002.jpg

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Another beauty!

ChrisEyles

Guru
Beautiful bike! I am frequently envious of your acquisitions and that one's right up there for me. Haha, and I totally understand the vetting process too, I would be the same if for some reason I had to sell my favourite bike.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Beautiful bike! I am frequently envious of your acquisitions and that one's right up there for me. Haha, and I totally understand the vetting process too, I would be the same if for some reason I had to sell my favourite bike.
it really was touch and go on the vetting till i showed him some pictures of my other bikes , and thank you

A bit after my time but a clean looking and uncluttered machine :smile:. Nothing wrong with a splash of gold : D

Shaun

i want to keep it looking that way

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Both of current tubs have issues front is heavily cracked so need to swap whilst rear has swallowed the valve ( dont ask me ) so for time being going to borrow another set of one of my other bikes till i get round to sorting out these

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cables replaced with some black ones, some clincher rims fitted and 3 miles covered with a smiley face

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
See what you mean about the stem from the pics! Glad it rides as nicely as it looks :smile:
Nice, is that one like my 653 frame where the back wheel won't come out with the tyre inflated.

rides fine straight and true a real treat to ride i would need about 40mm less stem to be comfier

no tyre comes out inflated will go further back but adjuster in drop out are almost fully screwed in for some reason

Top Bottom