Cycling Camera Glasses?! Please Help =\!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enis Baysal

Hey guys firstly sorry to bore you with yet another largely discussed topic!

I have bought a cheapo pair of camera glasses *26 pounds on eBay* from somewhere in england, and the recording quality is completely horrid! The video looks literally like old school VHS and when the surrounding area is quite loud the video quality worsens.
Both video and audio jump and freeze at times and these videos take up over 300mb for a 20 minute recording.

My question is, are there any half decent HD glasses out there for less than 100 pounds? I have seen the pivot head website however I am not prepared too pay 200 pounds for glasses to be honest.
If anyone has recommendations I would be super appreciative!

On all forums I have looked at I have not actually found anyone who is completely happy with there purchase and cant seem to locate a decent seller for glasses =\.

Thank you ^^

Attachments

• 20140725_031333.jpg
    20140725_031333.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20140725_031338.jpg
    20140725_031338.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I can't answer your questions about decent HD glasses, but I can tell you that the storage used during recording just depends on the resolution and frame rate. On the GoPro Hero3+ camera I mount to my bicycle helmet (since my country forces me to wear the bloody helmet, I might as well make it useful :rolleyes:), I use the 1080p 30fps mode, which on my 90 minute ride home from work uses up a staggering 25GB :wacko:. Those glasses you mentioned probably have a low resolution, so wouldn't occupy nearly as much: 300MB for 20 minutes is pretty small by today's standards.

classic33

Leg End Member
Similar shops in Manchester & Bristol that I've used in the past.

If you feel like having a go at making your own, check for the book "Plans for the evil genius". Maplin had it listed on their site.

Top Bottom