Cycling debate on Radio Lancs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Thanks but I'm busy with my sock drawer this week.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes some nasty old git came out with that one, The most annoying thing was that he wasn't put in his place by the shows presenter! Either he doesn't know about "road tax" last being paid in 1937 or he just couldn't be bothered to tell him.
Just tried them and the station are unaware of it. Was the caller just on?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yes some nasty old git came out with that one, The most annoying thing was that he wasn't put in his place by the shows presenter! Either he doesn't know about "road tax" last being paid in 1937 or he just couldn't be bothered to tell him.
You can bet your booty nobody's done any real research on it, beyond having a quick google for "complaints about cyclists" or some such guffage.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It doesn't matter where in the country, or what radio station is it on, you will get the same foolish people on radio phone in's, saying the same foolish things. Not worth getting hot under the lycra about.:bicycle:

Last edited:

Hyslop

Veteran
Certainly wouldnt happen on Radio Cumbria.They would be more than a little hampered by the fact that they have a presenter who is an active cyclist.From time to time he used to make reference to the problems cyclists faced around here(I say used to as I listen but rarely nowadays given the emetic quality of the output)and up would pop the ranters,yokels and the swivel eyed with the usual coherent views.In general I dont think local radio.desperate for local listeners,can host a reasoned debate as the constituency is rarely broad enough to give balance and Radio Cumbria seems,in the past at least to have ceded the ground of balance to whomsoever shouts loudest.Still,that said,I may tune in to Lancs and hear my own sentiments reinforced perhaps!

Top Bottom