Cycling gear.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Is it possible to have too much cycling gear? I have three drawers full of jerseys, bib shorts, socks etc..... and my wife says I have more cycling gear than normal clothes. Of course this is not true but I only buy new gear every now and again and try to wear them all as the mood takes me. We are going to France later this month and I plan to buy a TdF jersey, probably FDJ from a Decathlon shop. I wonder what my wife will say? I suppose I will have to buy her something to compensate. :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends if you actually wear it all surely? If not, then yes, you might have too much

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Only 1 drawer !!!
I have way to much but in my defense i commute and kit disappears in the family wash basket and may not be seen for a week , we wash every day but with kids ....

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I still have jerseys in the loft which I have never worn. They were on sale for about 3 quid each and so I bought 5. Im still wearing the original one I unpacked and its still like new. I bought them about 5 years ago.

I have lots of gear but then again I have lots of different bikes.

Jannie doesnt mind at all ^_^

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Not too much but just don't like throwing anything away...even if it hasn't been worn for years. I'm struggling to close my 2 drawers full.

Not too sure the charity shops are too pleased to receive it.

I did read somewhere about an organisation that recycled old cycling clothing to parts of Africa in much the same way as bikes but can't find their details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Paging @Accy cyclist! :laugh:

It is handy to have at least two of everything so you can wear one lot, while the other is in the wash.

I live alone so it takes me a while to get a washing machine full so I might get through 3 or 4 jerseys and then wash them all at the same time.

Obviously, most humans need different kit for freezing winter days vs hot summer days, though I have seen riders wearing summer kit in blizzards, or full winter kit on sunny summer days when the temperature is in the high 20s C!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I used to have too much as a newbie, because I would buy stuff to find out if it suited me.
I found out that I prefer to wear as ordinary clothing as possible on the bike, gave away the unworn stuff, used the worn stuff to clean the bikes, now I have only what I actually need.

Three drawers? No, that's nowhere near enough. :whistle:

Slick

Guru
I used to have too much as a newbie, because I would buy stuff to find out if it suited me.
I found out that I prefer to wear as ordinary clothing as possible on the bike, gave away the unworn stuff, used the worn stuff to clean the bikes, now I have only what I actually need.

I think I'm much the same, buy everything especially when it's on sale. Now I kinda know what I like and what is required for early commutes all winter. Still haven't given anything away yet though. :blush:

Top Bottom