cycling is dangerous after all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've done my back in fitting a new rear rack to the winter commute MTB. It just went pop as I stood up to get my panniers.

Blooming killing me, I slept on the floor last night and I still can't stand up straight for the discomfort. Not being helped by crawling round like a ruptured sloth on the floor at work today refillting a couple of broken computers for people.

Also perfect timing for my most of next week off work too, not a happy bunny.

byegad

Legendary Member
I gentle massage doesn't ease it see a medic. I burst a disc 30+years ago and was in agony for a month. The Doc gave me some fantastic pills for the pain and warned me not to get off the floor when they kicked in as I'd not feel the damage I was doing by moving.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Ouch!!
I did the same thing when I was 20....bent down to make a snow ball to throw to our great dane, went to straighten up....bang!
It eased off pretty quick though, and I was back to normal in a week.
Fingers crossed for a fast recovery!

david k

Hi
I've done my back in fitting a new rear rack to the winter commute MTB. It just went pop as I stood up to get my panniers.
Blooming killing me, I slept on the floor last night and I still can't stand up straight for the discomfort. Not being helped by crawling round like a ruptured sloth on the floor at work today refillting a couple of broken computers for people.

hope you get a quick recovery, painful i know but i hope your right for mad friday

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
shouldbeinbedost: 3424714 said:

Sorry to hear about you're back. Hope you get well soon:hugs:

Kneel down and rock forwards with your forehead on the floor and arms stretched ahead of you, or hang from the banisters by your arms.

You have my sincere sympathies.

I was discharged from hospital last night following surgery on Wednesday to try to sort out my back after a disk in my back (at L5-S1) went pop on the 5th November.

If you have any weakness or pins and needles in your legs please get yourself to A&E now. Don't leave it until tomorrow, it is not worth the risk. I am looking at the possibility, with a high probability of not making a full recovery and requiring further surgery and I would not want to wish that on anyone.

GWS and gentle :hugs:

Top Bottom