Cycling on the move for Radio ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
After half listening to more tedious Radio 4 daytime stuff today (they went out with a mobile library driving around the sticks) and remembering previous Radio 4 walking and nature efforts (they helpfully point out the views and the wildlife) I wondered how one might conduct radio cycling interviews while on the move ?

I guess you would need wireless intercoms and headsets, but how can you remove the wind noise ? (would it require a full face helmet like on the Ski Sunday downhill demos ?) Would it turn into a load of huffing and puffing going uphill ?

Is it technically possible even if the content might be er, a bit marginal ?

We've done this several times and wind noise isn't really a problem. I've even been interviewed while sitting in the back of a rickshaws being pedalled by the presenter.:tongue:

Another time I pedalled her around Leicester during a huge street festival...which was fun.

And, way back in 2000 we broadcast a programme for BBC Leicester using pedal power. Although, we only had to transmit back to the station 1/2 a mile away:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I heard the mobile library show, reminded me that I've always thought that would be a good job for me. I know I can drive one, I've done it, only she was decommissioned as a library...

Top Bottom