Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
Ok, I thought about it. I hope this is not too mundane but something I find fascinating are the UK canals and towpaths. How about pictures of your bikes and canals or paths or both?

U

User169

First effort. The canal is the Old Delft in the centre of Delft. The name "Delft" comes from the dutch word for "dig" since canals had to be dug to drain the land. The church in the background is the "Old John" - the tower leans two metres from vertical and the church is the burial place of Vermeer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363767527.932517.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Very nice. Very strong start to the challenge. :thumbsup:
I dont want to get all technical, but you specifically said UK canals and towpaths, and that isnt a UK canal!!!!:laugh: It seems a bit harsh on people who dont live in UK but rules is rules and we didnt get to where we are today with such a lackluster attitude to pettyminded rules!

Also you need to set a closing date for the submission of photos!

U

User169

I dont want to get all technical, but you specifically said UK canals and towpaths, and that isnt a UK canal!!!!:laugh: It seems a bit harsh on people who dont live in UK but rules is rules and we didnt get to where we are today with such a lackluster attitude to pettyminded rules!

Haaruumph!!:angry:

well as canals originated in the UK, we can make an argument that the Dutch copied them, so.......

matthat

Über Member
Gutted do my 1st half century ride set bike up for nice pic by Leeds Liverpool Canal in Scarisbrick!! Get phone out to take said pic then get engrossed in replying to a couple of txts eating butty and having a drink then off we go peddling again!! several miles later DOH!! :angry: No pic!! Oh well have to go out again soon cos i've got another location idea!! :thumbsup:

RWright

Guru

I actually thought of this technicality when I saw the first picture. Any canal. However it has to be on earth, either hemisphere is fine too. Since this is a longer month closing date will be March 31. Midnight, Eastern Standard Time USA east coast. ( rule sticklers remember we are already on daylight savings time here )
This will give everyone two weekends to get some shots. Good Luck!

Top Bottom