Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I can take Rocky off ignore now, someone can let me know if he posted anything worth considering :whistle:

attachment.php?attachmentid=47175&d=1396203295.gif

:giggle:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Entries closed. I shall deliberate and deliver the verdict later. I can take Rocky off ignore now, someone can let me know if he posted anything worth considering :whistle:
It was Rocky, does that answer your question?:giggle:

BigAl68

Über Member
You seem the naughty sort:whistle:

Did you sit on his knee:giggle:

Others may believe the 'I just happened to see the Santa train coming'. I know you sat there all day just to ask Santa for a new bike!

He looked a bit like your avatar so what do you think?

And I did think about waiting for it to pull out an hour or so earlier but realised they were only just opening for the day. It's always nice to see the steam train running. It runs every Wednesday in summer and every day during the school holidays so I see it lots on the way home. I must have taken it or one of the other engines photos about 40 times over the years.

djb1971

Legendary Member
He looked a bit like your avatar so what do you think?

And I did think about waiting for it to pull out an hour or so earlier but realised they were only just opening for the day. It's always nice to see the steam train running. It runs every Wednesday in summer and every day during the school holidays so I see it lots on the way home. I must have taken it or one of the other engines photos about 40 times over the years.
Definitely on the naughty list:tongue:

BigAl68

Über Member
It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission, get yourself something really nice for Xmas:thumbsup:

I already have. Bought a ken bird steel time trial frame with some nice cinelli bars and stem a few weeks ago. Picked up a golden arrow group set from various eBay sellers and for crimbo i plan to buy some Italian or French large flange wheels. Building it up over the holiday is the plan.

Right.

5 pages of blethering before I even got to a picture. And then 19 pages of my life I won't get back.

So having loaded all the pictures into my photo software for comparison, I have deliberated a winner and rather than just announce the winner, I'm going to blether some.

I had determined that anyone including rail tracks was going to have to post something really good to win as it was too obvious a picture. I was looking for obtuse, offbeat, odd and no feet. Now if Satnav had have posted the needle tracks from her op with a bike drawn in biro, she'd have won :smile: The next one that came close was 3bm's record shot but I decided there wasn't enough of an outside element. 10/10 for idea, only 5 for execution. Honourable mention to Katherine for the deepest tracks and to djb for the picture most making me want to get my bike out.

So the winner is.........................................@BigAL68 Yes, it is railtracks but I do like it and for the sheer effort, a deserved winner.

The winning shot
dsc_0936-jpg.63210.jpg

BigAl68

Über Member
Wow thank you very much :blush:. It seems my drunken shots are obviously some of my better shots. I was surprised how it came out when I took it after 5 pints of cider. :cheers:

OK give me until the morning to come up the next subject which I will look forward to judging I think..

Top Bottom