Cycling Photo Challenge - Entries and Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ok, so this one is from last December. Behind us is Box Hill. We are climbing up through the vineyard to pop out on Ranmore Common.

IMG_1771.JPG

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Not sure that this is within the rules as there are no cyclists, no bikes, no egrets...

IMG_1772.JPG

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
IMG_1610.JPG

Err has this closed yet...?

This is my togetherness.... this was a really run down bit of wasteland, which has won architectural prizes (might have made that bit up, I can't clearly remember:whistle:). It's called Junction 3, and it now is a really lovely bit to cycle through (M32 is just behind my back), it incorporates a library, and also Julian House, and as part of that there is the Bike Workshop which give training and experience to vulnerable adults who may have experienced homelessness or drug addiction.

I like the little area and the many different uses that are available for the local community. I just wish there were more developments like this rather than the identical boxes that are put up by the standard house builders with their residents only ever going out of their house to their cars.

Sorry I've gone on a bit....

Katherine

Guru
Nearly back after a lovely club ride to Tatton Park we got drenched on the way and had a few diversions for roadworks. We'd just had to cross the locks on the old bridge on the other end of the lock because the other end of the lock was open for a ship (it's the ship canal!)
IMG_20170604_132220438.jpg

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Apologies for not responding sooner one and all, but I have been struggling to get back together.

On reflection, my initial timescale (less than 2 weeks) was rather brief. So, unless we have any objections I will extend by 7 days until midnight on Sunday, 11 June 2017. I will then announce the results on Monday evening.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apologies for not responding sooner one and all, but I have been struggling to get back together.

On reflection, my initial timescale (less than 2 weeks) was rather brief. So, unless we have any objections I will extend by 7 days until midnight on Sunday, 11 June 2017. I will then announce the results on Monday evening.
Excellent.. This gives time for the Photo Winner badge to be transferred from me to you for a week :laugh:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Excellent.. This gives time for the Photo Winner badge to be transferred from me to you for a week :laugh:
I didn't notice it hadn't been done.:shy: Sorted..... for a week.;)

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Well, here we go. My choices are, hopefully, made in the spirit of the subject... we all appear to be in this together.

So, in 3rd place -

There's nothing better than a ride out together (although a coffee stop would add to it)

View attachment 353744

Me 'n my mates together on the BVW this morning :smile:

Well, done PeteXXX.

Next, as runner up, I thought this was great - no bikes. No egrets. No more than a shadow of itself -
Not sure that this is within the rules as there are no cyclists, no bikes, no egrets...

View attachment 354579

Nice one, Dave 123.

But, for me, this week's winner has to be -

Nearly back after a lovely club ride to Tatton Park we got drenched on the way and had a few diversions for roadworks. We'd just had to cross the locks on the old bridge on the other end of the lock because the other end of the lock was open for a ship (it's the ship canal!)
View attachment 356091

All together, but the impression of everyone having no idea where they were going. Nice one, Katherine, and well done. Happy to hand over the 'Photo Winner' badge!

Last edited:
Top Bottom