Cycling plans this weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Looks like its going to be a cracking weekend to be out on the bike, so what are everyone's plans ?

I'll be out for a couple of hours on Saturday morning, nice rolling ride looping around the villages above Northampton - Moulton Park, Boughton, The Bamptons, Pitsford, Holcott, Sywell, Mear's Ashby, Overstone, Moulton. Then a chance to embarrass my teenage daughter when I collect her from trampolining club in my sweaty lyrca !

Sunday is the Spires and Squires Sportive. Just the 51 miler for me, enough of a challenge this time of year, not looking forward to the 10% climb which is10 miles from the end. I rather fear that will do for my legs.

Over to you ...

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A nice 200km Audax in deepest, darkest Kent on Sunday with @martint235 . including riding to the start and from the finish, it should work out as a nice 160 mile ride in glorious sunshine.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Having managed to squeeze in 90 miles already this week, i'm going to go for a leisurely 35 miler with 2000ft of climbing, that will do me nicely. However, I may take a detour and do a further 25. If I could go out all day I would, but I have a wife and kids!

iandg

Legendary Member
A group from Hebridean CC have headed to the Bealach Sportive. Unfortunately I'm working tomorrow but will (hopefully) get a ride in before work and another one done on Sunday :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
None for me until the end of this month :cry:

However my youngest (age 11) is back to racing on Sunday - so I'll be there supporting him. Hopefully his 3 weeks off to go 'intensive training' has worked; he's massively upped his speed and mileage, so much that my bike club complained about him dropping them last Saturday on their morning ride and having to chase all the time.

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
I've managed 85 miles this week from commuting so feeling good. I've permission from 'the boss' to extend my run home tonight, so have planned a 40 mile journey from Belfast to Larne to Ballyclare. Tomorrow I'll cycle back in to Belfast to attend the Irish Cup Final (N Irelands FA Cup) which will be my first time cycling to a football match. On Sunday I'm planning to take the kids out in the Croozer and convince my wife to join us for a 20 mile trip in the afternoon. Monday morning is set to be a cracker weather wise so looking forward to that commute already.

OP
OP
rugby bloke

rugby bloke

Veteran
This. Don't yet have my long-distance legs and lungs back for this year; so I may cheat - take the train to York. A chance to explore a different route :smile:.
Thanks for posting this, I had never heard of it before. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks for posting this, I had never heard of it before. Enjoy the ride.
A pleasure :smile:. And I will ^_^.

It's a brilliant ride. You start off in the morning, on your tod. Thinking - "I'm barmy. Nobody does anything quite so daft." But as you eat up the miles, there's more and more cyclists on the road, all heading in the same direction.

Then there's plenty cake in the village hall. Whether one is a Christian or not, the service is ........... peaceful and optimistic.

And on the ride back, plenty good company. All looking out for each other; last year (my first time), there were a fair few riders for whom that distance was a struggle. That, I think, is the bit that sticks with me most - the way far more experienced and fitter riders went out of their way to support and encourage the newbies (and sort the mechanicals and p*nct*re fairy visits). Think completely disorganised and informal FNRttC.

A special day and ride.

U

User169

I'm going to ride to De Panne in Belgium: down the coast to Vlissingen, catch the ferry to Breskens, pedal into Belgium down to Brugge and then head up to De Panne. I'll ride a few extra kms, just to get into France, so that I can bag 3 countries in one day.

Lonestar

Veteran
Going to show a workmate (tomorrow) my newly discovered alternative route away from the CS 2 and perhaps he will use it when he's learn't it.

vickster

Legendary Member
None...still not allowed/able to cycle following shoulder surgery :sad:

I'll probably have a walk somewhere however as I can't drive either!

Might use the exercise bike in front of the TV if it's not too warm!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
45 mile cub ride Saturday morning, Sunday could be a bit longer with the other half, Have had a lazy week cycling wise this week, so have to make up for it the weekend, looking forward to shorts and a short sleeve jersey. Summer has arrived.:okay:

Top Bottom