Cycling/Tennis Elbow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have developed what are very like the symptoms of tennis elbow in my left arm and while, yes I do play quite a bit of tennis, I am right handed so I don't think that is causing it.

The only thing that I can think I have have been doing different in the last month is doing 15 - 20 miles on my bike at the weekends.

Has anyone ever heard of this type of complaint being got from cycling?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Bike fit? Could have too much weight through the joint / locked out joint

Position of brake hoods can twist the joint too.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have a suspicion that my similar problem (left elbow also) might be related to, or made worse by - I am not sure it is the cause - the vibration caused by cycling on rough road surfaces.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had the exact same thing - left elbow (right handed), no tennis...4 months of pain, physio, rest, steroid jab 5 weeks ago...touch wood seems good. Caused I think by riding a too big bike last summer

Klaus

I had tennis elbow in the left arm about 15 years ago, didn't do any exercise at the time but I am quite skinny round the arms, all I can remember was knocking the elbow on a doorframe a while before the problem started. Was treated with antibiotics and ibuprofen and it healed up very quickly. Lucky I had changed to a car with automatic transmission .... I wonder where the term "tennis elbow" comes from? My elbow at the time was the size of a tennis ball due to the liquid accumulating round the joint.

Top Bottom