Cyclist dies after collision involving skip lorry in Oldham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
So sad. RIP.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As usual the comments are horrible.

RIP.

Just had to have a go at three mates on social media today. One fatty had a ride on a road bike first time, then the other fatty started complaining about rubbish, then another had a go. Reminded all three that cyclists don't go round maiming people, and referred to my snapped spine. Cue two going quiet and one apologising of sorts. :evil:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Coppers have always firmly resisted attempts by the public to direct their investigation.

Take some footage in and say : "I want you to look at this," and they will likely tell you to get stuffed.

But say: "I hadn't realised this footage could be of any use until I read your appeal," and they will likely welcome you with open arms.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Coppers have always firmly resisted attempts by the public to direct their investigation.

Take some footage in and say : "I want you to look at this," and they will likely tell you to get stuffed.

But say: "I hadn't realised this footage could be of any use until I read your appeal," and they will likely welcome you with open arms.
And you think this attitude is OK?

And you think this attitude is OK?

I think @Pale Rider makes a valid point. Very often cyclists try and approach the police with footage of dangerous driving, who are told that the evidence can't be used, etc, etc.

Yet, now they want to use dash cam footage to view the incident. It does sound awfully like, the only way to get any justice, or for dashcams to be useful, is when you're killed. It shouldn't be that way.

sidevalve

Über Member
If anybody is actually interested in the OP as opposed to just more boring 'Oh let's have a go at the police' crap

1 - Afraid it's the usual no fact = no possible sensible conclusions.
As for the police -
2 - There will be no helmet cam evidence if there were no cyclists about
3 - can't be too surprised at the police not trusting cam evidence unless about a specific incident of which they are already aware with the amount of utter fakes circulated on the net from idiots who totally devalue real footage with their fantasies.

Top Bottom