Cyclist down ( again ) This one's a bit more shocking ( for me )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/14594523.Cyclist_seriously_hurt_in_crash_with_car/

I read this, in the local rag, the other day.
This morning I got back into work, having taken yesterday off, and a guy who I work with, and is always on time, wasn't here. Unfortunately, it seems that he was the cyclist involved in the incident, and he's in a bad way ( intensive care, multiple injuries).
His name is Fernando, and he's from Brazil.
Let's hope he gets through this, eh.

Drago

Legendary Member
Strewth, fingers crossed for a swift and full recovery for your friend.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
fingers crossed.
Not nice to hear, especially being a close colleague.
I got the lowdown on his condition, earlier.

He's in an induced heavy sedation, with a bleed on the brain, fractured jaw, collar bone, 3 fractured ribs, a collapsed lung, a fractured spine (but the spinal cord is okay), 2 fractured knees, 1 fractured ankle. He's showing signs of response, but he's pretty banged up, and will be for some time, by the looks of it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I got the lowdown on his condition, earlier.

He's in an induced heavy sedation, with a bleed on the brain, fractured jaw, collar bone, 3 fractured ribs, a collapsed lung, a fractured spine (but the spinal cord is okay), 2 fractured knees, 1 fractured ankle. He's showing signs of response, but he's pretty banged up, and will be for some time, by the looks of it.

Blimey. Poor chap.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Christ on a bike that's bad. Yet its nothing he hopefully can't recover from.
Apparently, the medics have been jabbing him with needles, and they've seen the responses they'd hoped for, so at least his brain is working ( sort of ). Here's hoping for the best.

Top Bottom