Cyclist down - SW London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Reported in the Evening Standard this morning:

A cyclist was left trapped under the front wheels of a cement truck after being knocked down and dragged for several yards at a busy junction in south west London, according to reports.

The male rider was hit on Wandsworth Road at the junction with Lansdowne Way just before 8.30am on Thursday.
GC

Ouch - what're the odds he was up the left side of it?

Assumptions by their very nature are made in the absence of facts. Whether you should make assumptions is a different matter.
Well, you can make assumptions based on no information, or some information. In fact, there is rarely complete info on anything in life, so some assumptions are always warranted.

Statistically speaking, despite the scary things we see other riders do, these sort of accidents are often the drivers fault. I certainly would have been under the wheels of a lorry that came from behind on more than one occasion, if I had proceeded on the straight course I was riding.

Cement trucks are on a very tight schedule.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Statistically speaking, despite the scary things we see other riders do, these sort of accidents are often the drivers fault. I certainly would have been under the wheels of a lorry that came from behind on more than one occasion, if I had proceeded on the straight course I was riding.

Statistically speaking, despite the scary things we see riders and drivers do, these sort of accidents are incredibly rare.

I'll post my favourite article if the thread carries on being scary much longer...

Collision, not accident. Two riders killed by HGV drivers playing with phones, too early to offer excuses for the driver.

Top Bottom