Cyclist hit by car in Cambridge - video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
OK, most of what can and should be said has been said and are now entering territory where things which probably shouldn't be said are being said - which is why some posts have been Deleted and some Edited.

Thank you for your contributions.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Why is there even a discussion about how much more visible or not hi-viz would have made the cyclist? The reaction of the driver with the dashcam suggests that he saw the cyclist hi-viz or not and considering he was BEHIND the driver that hit the cyclist it would suggest to me that the cyclist was clearly visible to anybody that made the effort to look properly, which the driver infront clearly didn't. So you can stick your hi-viz up your arse.

Origamist

Legendary Member
That's the whole point, there was no 'STOP' sign so no reason to come to a complete standstill, if the driver believed ( wrongly as it transpired ) that there was nothing to cede to on the right. You've just successfully proverbially pulled your own pants over your own head, and tweaked your own nose :laugh:.

It's simple. I'll explain it in short sentences. You don't need a stop sign. There were give way markings. The driver failed to give way due to a lack of proper observation. She failed to slow/stop and give way to the cyclist coming from her right and hit him. The cyclist was not at fault. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
martinclive

martinclive

Über Member
^^^^^^ and going back to my OP she seems to first start waving her hands around blaming the cyclist (IMHO) which could suggest she did see him and does not understand priorities at roundabouts....................lots of possible explanations but all the same person to blame

Top Bottom