Cyclist in Blackrod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Goto say thanks to some bloke who I flagged down who was coming away from Haigh, towards Blackrod.

I was seeing how far I could get on a slow puncture...made it to the top of a critically steep hill, tried to fix it, after it, but my levers were bending by combination of a stiff tyre fit AND levers softening in this heat.

So freewheeled on a bit then seen this lad who loaned me a tyre lever - very helpfull - even his lever snapped :biggrin:

Sorry !!!!!!!!!!!

But still the lad advised me to stop off at his to see if his girlfriend could find something...!

I obviously couldn't go that far for a favour (bit crazy to say to some woman who's in on her own 'have you a bloke who cycles - well he just gave me some assistance down the road there, but sadly the prob is still in effect, but he's going to meet a mate but said I could call in and you'd help me out :blush:') but further down the road I managed to lever the bastard tyre :angry::angry: off the rim and fix puncture ! :wacko: after calling into a shop for some liquid refreshments.

So, if your the lad in Blackrod/Haigh, up from Wigan, with frizzee type of hair a silver Limar helmet, very physically fit looking and a Titanium coloured alu-bike with Campag. carbon levers who helped me in a blue/white top on a black road-bike THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!![ for the assistance and sorry for breaking the tyre lever! :smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Bad Karma that, Yenners, breaking another man's tool.... :wacko:

but you should have stopped by his girlfriends to explain to her and see if she could have helped.... would have made an interesting story!! :biggrin:;)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Bad Karma that, Yenners, breaking another man's tool.... :wacko:

but you should have stopped by his girlfriends to explain to her and see if she could have helped.... would have made an interesting story!! :biggrin:;)

I definately did not want to go there !

Terms and decency.

simoncc

Yo want some decent metal tyre levers. You can get two of them along with a puncture repair kit for £1 at most pound shops.

Top Bottom