Cyclist in rescue drama.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newbiebiker

Nice, heroic act! well done!:thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I notice that he was described as a cyclist not as a mountain biker! It would have been different if he had mugged an old lady.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
User76 said:
So this brave guy jumps in and risks his life, gets interviewed and plays down being the absolute hero.

The BBC follow up the story and the hospital hide behind confidentiality, which is obviously bollocks. They only need say "two boys were discharged earlier following an incident in the river", no breach of confidentiality there. The Ambulance service say he should not have done it as it may have been quite dangerous! Jeeeeeesus, give the guy a medal instead.

I expect he has also blown any chance he had of becoming a PCSO, acting on his wits, to save a life, that'll never do without a full risk assessment and further training.

Bloody well done to the chap.

I agree. i listened to Eddie Mair, on Radio4 last night, ask the ambulance bloke if the father who rescued his daughter from the river, after she'd been sucked down a storm drain, whether he had done the right thing - putting himself at risk! He'd just saved his daughter's life FFS!!

Top Bottom