Cyclist taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision with National Express coach in Oxfor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A cyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a collision with a National Express coach in Oxford Street.
The 50-year-old woman was injured at the junction with Portman Street close to Marble Arch station at about 11.40am.
She was taken to hospital with a leg injury and cuts and bruises, police said.
The road was closed eastbound while police investigated.
Witnesses posted their reaction to the crash on social media.
Peter Bazely said he had been held on the National Express coach for several hours after the incident.
He wrote on Twitter: "Been stuck for 3 hours on a coach in central London that ran over a cyclist, the cyclist's leg was badly damaged."
A National Express spokesperson said: "We can confirm one of our vehicles was involved in an incident where unfortunately a cyclist was injured in Oxford Street this morning. We will continue to assist the authorities in their investigations."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 11.42am to reports of a cyclist in collision with a bus. We sent an ambulance crew, an advanced paramedic and a single responder in a car to the scene to treat a woman reported to be aged 50 for a leg injury.
"She was taken to the trauma centre at St Mary's Hospital as a priority."
From Evening Standard

From this picture on FB she appears lucky to be alive...
express.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Looks at position of bike under nearside of left-turning bus, starts to comment then bites lip for fear of vitriol from outraged commuters on CC....

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have no idea of the road set up shown here. But the bike seems to be a long way from the kerb. If the road goes straight on and the bus is turning left. There is a lot of space for an escape route.

I dont know if that was what you were thinkingGlobalti.

It sad in any case and I hope she is up and about before too long.

Top Bottom