Daily mail anti texting while driving campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
But that is the FPN, (£100, 3pts)
Careless has a maximum fine of £5000, 9pts.

If the CPS has video evidence then go for it.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

the_mikey

Legendary Member
If businesses were made responsible for their staff use of phones and devices they'd soon rip out all of the crap gadgets they use to plague mobile workers with messages and nags for responses. There are three mobile devices in my work van, a phone, a tablet like device that delivers messages to the driver whilst driving, another device that handles call response details, these are on all the time and keep updating and drivers are conditioned to respond as soon as possible, waiting until they stop is not an option.

Tim Hall

A years driving ban would do the trick.
Huh? Are you saying a one year driving ban is a suitable penalty for the driver in this case? The driver who was scrolling through music on his phone so killed four people?

I think having your car crushed or impounded as a penalty may make people think more carefully, regardless of who owns the vehicle. The penalty for not having road tax has a similar outcome.

OP
OP
Inertia

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
The video on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37822003 is just astonishing. It cuts out just before the collision, so is probably safe for work, although his behaviour and shocked expression are pretty scary.
He seems to look several times but I think his attention is so focused on what he is doing with the phone it doesnt register with him. Loosely related but hopefully the increasing automation of vehicles will help, even if full driverless control is a way off, collision warnings could come sooner.

Top Bottom