England : North Yorkshire Dales ride from Gargrave - DATE CHANGE Wednesday, 17th August, 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Glad to hear your ride home and the Effys' rides worked out nicely, particularly as you were left on your own.

I know you will have been reluctant to break the group ride rule of 'those who start the ride together, finish the ride together'.

But this was more a case of experienced cyclists sorting a potentially tricky situation to everyone's best advantage.

Effyb4

Veteran
Many thanks for organising the ride @ColinJ I really enjoyed the day. It soon became apparent that cycling 40 miles in Essex doesn't equate to the same in Yorkshire. It was best for everyone that me and Mr effy headed back to gargrave and meant I could enjoy the ride. The lunch in hetton was very good. Sorry I haven't posted before but internet connection has been limited

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Yorkshire and I am sure we will be back soon

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Many thanks for organising the ride @ColinJ I really enjoyed the day. It soon became apparent that cycling 40 miles in Essex doesn't equate to the same in Yorkshire. It was best for everyone that me and Mr effy headed back to gargrave and meant I could enjoy the ride. The lunch in hetton was very good. Sorry I haven't posted before but internet connection has been limited

We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Yorkshire and I am sure we will be back soon
I'm glad that you managed to enjoy what part of the route you did do!

I felt a bit guilty when we left you but it did become increasingly clear that the ride was significantly harder then I remembered.

The problem is that the very thing that makes this area so lovely, also makes it hard work to cycle round, as you have discovered! I love the hills but I do miss having flatter roads to ride on. The only flat(-tish) roads where I live are busy valley a-roads; everywhere else is HILLY!

Top Bottom