Damn you Amazon mp3!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So far I've spent about £20 on downloads. I know it's been out for a while now but I've waited years for a MP3 download site that doesn't charge monthly fees, doesn't have DRM and offers a very good back catalogue. Tesco nearly had it but the site was slow and the back catalogue poor.

So now I've spent days on Amazon listening to the samples and trying to update my rather antwacky musical tastes. So far I've downloaded the Fratellis, Costello Music, which is pretty hip for me and a best of 'Stereophonics' plus some Killers and Amy W. So if I like them, anyone got any other recommendations to bring me into the 21st century?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Have a listen to stuff using Spotify, then you can download whatever you want from the back catalogue on Amazon and know that you'll like it.

MajorMantra

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Have a listen to stuff using Spotify, then you can download whatever you want from the back catalogue on Amazon and know that you'll like it.

Damn, Spotify is great. Thanks!

Matthew

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Sh4rkyBloke said:

That's quite neat. Peer to peer stuff though, it's made about a trillion connections once I allowed it through the firewall. I'll keep an eye on it but if it starts eating bandwidth it goes.

MajorMantra

Crackle said:
That's quite neat. Peer to peer stuff though, it's made about a trillion connections once I allowed it through the firewall. I'll keep an eye on it but if it starts eating bandwidth it goes.

Where can you see how many connections are being made?

Matthew

MajorMantra

Crackle said:
On the firewall software I've got installed - COMODO It's a free one.

Ah, but I guess there's no way to monitor the activity through Spotify.

Am currently listening to a lovely version of Schubert's Ave Maria. Ahhhh...

Matthew

OP
OP
C

Crackle

dan_bo said:
£20? is that it?

In one night :huh::blush:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

MajorMantra said:
Ah, but I guess there's no way to monitor the activity through Spotify.

Am currently listening to a lovely version of Schubert's Ave Maria. Ahhhh...

Matthew

No and no way to customise it. Some quick monitoring, shows it's peaking at about 1/6th of my bandwidth limit and has racked up about 45Mb in 20 or 30 minutes. So for me that's OK but if you used it continuously you'll need a generous download limit. It's also got about 50 inbound connections open, most of which aren't doing anything.

The damn adverts are annoying too.

Top Bottom