Daughter broke her arm........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
That sounds bad, especially as it is not even the weekend yet. How old is your daughter? I came off my MTB once and had to wait a similar length of time to get my head stitched up. Hope she's alright.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
That sounds bad, especially as it is not even the weekend yet. How old is your daughter? I came off my MTB once and had to wait a similar length of time to get my head stitched up. Hope she's alright.

12. She saw a doc at 1.30am, wow!

Whenever we've needed A&E, we go the closest in Otley, always seen within an hour. But because I knew it was broken and she'd need an op, I took her to Bradford. :sad: An op is scheduled for today.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
12. She saw a doc at 1.30am, wow!

Whenever we've needed A&E, we go the closest in Otley, always seen within an hour. But because I knew it was broken and she'd need an op, I took her to Bradford. :sad: An op is scheduled for today.

Son #2 had an op to reset an arm broken whilst skateboarding a few years back. Try not to worry too much (easier said than done of course), it is a relatively simple procedure and she'll be fine afterwards

TVC

GWS MarkF minor. That's a long wait.

I updated my first aid training recently, and I got a tip from my trainer when she has to take her daughter in. It's the triage nurse that prioritises cases, so if you drive in, leave her in the car and ask for a chair and help to get her out because she feels feint. That will get her seen quicker.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Many years ago my brother did the same. Hospital told us (my parents - I was too young to care) to go home and see the doctor next day! This was with an arm hanging at an odd angle.

Nothing changes!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Photos! We need photos! At least a shot of the gruesomely bent arm and one of the X ray.

Bad news though; I know how it feels to see your own child injured. She will come though it fine.

Gti Junior is only 15 and so far we've had: one broken arm (very young, greenstick injury) one knocked himself unconscious by nutting a tree and one compressed vertebra from a ski jump. No long-term harm done.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oh poor thing! Wishing her the best for the op and wishing you the best for your nerves.
Your daughter will have a fine time having her cast signed once its on.
How did she break it? Falling off her bike?

Top Bottom