Death Vauxhall London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
yes, it appears so.

Stay well away from the things folks - pull over and let the things go past if there's any sign at all of them being driven thoughtlessly/aggressively or if they seem in any sort of rush - there aren't that many around - articulated lorries usually driven very carefully in my experience so just exercise common sense with those, particularly on bends.

be careful folks.

Davidsw8

Heard this on the news this morning just as I was about to leave, my usual daily route takes me through Vauxhall (but not this morning). Poor guy :sad:

The sixtieth cyclist death in the capital since 2000 . Rip rider, and they should turn comments off, there are some awful, indecent people posting stuff.

thefollen

Veteran
The Vauxhall gyratory is a crazy section of road for cyclists. It's awful to hear someone was killed here but it's no real surprise. I ride through it on my commute. It's manageable after riding a few times and learning the best ways to negotiate the lanes. Must say in that process however there were some hairy moments.

vickster

Legendary Member
RIP :sad:

Vauxhall cross is indeed horrid, I had to shriek at a Dutch driver no less the other morning who was going to drive into me by changing lane without looking!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
yes, it appears so.

Stay well away from the things folks - pull over and let the things go past if there's any sign at all of them being driven thoughtlessly/aggressively or if they seem in any sort of rush - there aren't that many around - articulated lorries usually driven very carefully in my experience so just exercise common sense with those, particularly on bends.

be careful folks.

From my experiences i've found that these tipper/skip hire trucks are driven by thick necked shaven headed rigger boot wearing w@nkers with a copy of the Daily Star or The Sport on the dashboard! I had one punish pass me on Monday,it was peeing down visibility was poor but the @#!t flew passed doing about 50mph missing me by inches,soaking me with spray from his stinking knob mobile!:angry:

Rant over!

spen666

Legendary Member
The matter is reported in today's evening standard again
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...him-not-to-use-nastiest-junction-9542157.html
One line of the report stood out to me.
His brother is paying tribute to the deceased and amongst other things says...
He was always such a safe cyclist who always stuck to the left-hand side of the road.”

Sadly this goes to show the ignorance that the majority of the population have about what is safe cycling as opposed to what is convenient for the motorist

Top Bottom