Decathlon b Twin 6061 road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarrabri

Hi I have just bought the Decathlon b Twin 6061 road bike which is in mint condition ,I have not rode it yet but managed to buy it for £120 and when I have watched the youtube video about changing gears again lol and sure I know what I am doing I will tomorrow take her out for a ride ,what I would like to know is my bike a Decathlon b Twin 6061 road bike or is it a triban as well only the word triban keeps coming up when I read about the btwin bikes and also are they a decent bike ,Brian.

If I have deciphered what you have written correctly, you have asked couple of questions. Those are
Is your bike a Triban? Most probably it is. 6061 refers to the aluminium frame. What you have is probably Triban 3.
Is Triban a decent bike? Yes

OP
OP
S

scarrabri

If I have deciphered what you have written correctly, you have asked couple of questions. Those are
Is your bike a Triban? Most probably it is. 6061 refers to the aluminium frame. What you have is probably Triban 3.
Is Triban a decent bike? Yes

Hi thank you for your reply and I think you are right as it does look like it could well be a Triban 3 ,and after taking the bike out most of today it is excellent and I am really pleased with it and will see how it holds up after next week when I head for wales and there wonderful cycle path ,thanks again Brian.

Biggest question is...is it red??? If so you have a great bike at a great price. If the wheels are the original, you might want to upgrade but just enjoy and have fun!

OP
OP
S

scarrabri

Biggest question is...is it red??? If so you have a great bike at a great price. If the wheels are the original, you might want to upgrade but just enjoy and have fun![/QUOTE

Hi thanks for your reply and yes its red but the top cross member that is between the seat and the handle bars has silver for part of the way with red patterns running through it and the same for the forks part red and part silver with red patterns running through it also the two members that go from the seat post to where the wheel nut is and again silver with red patterns in it ,all very striking ,I will try to post a pic soon ,best wishes Brian.

OP
OP
S

scarrabri

Biggest question is...is it red??? If so you have a great bike at a great price. If the wheels are the original, you might want to upgrade but just enjoy and have fun!
Hi here are a few pics I hope I have the good bike and sorry pics not too good
004_zps2eedf28a.jpg

001_zps2b6c2a91.jpg

Widge

Baldy Go
Hi scarribri...
Nope - not 'THE' Triban 3 that the world and his oyster have raved over the last two seasons :sad:. Looks like a double ch/set and non-carbon forks so probably some previous incarnation.

Looks like a go-er though, so have fun, enjoy and welcome! :smile:

OP
OP
S

scarrabri

Hi scarribri...
Nope - not 'THE' Triban 3 that the world and his oyster have raved over the last two seasons :sad:. Looks like a double ch/set and non-carbon forks so probably some previous incarnation.

Looks like a go-er though, so have fun, enjoy and welcome! :smile:

Hi thanks ever so much for the welcome and confirmation and no I am not sad because I am very happy that I have bought this little beauty ,she may never be a star of the show but at least she's a part of it and that's enough for me and I will certainly enjoy myself with her ,thanks again,Brian.

Top Bottom