Denford Bridleway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went out to do a section of the Three Shires Way, hadn't gone far when this was blocking my path. Managed to get over/through it and carry on, good ride, sun came out but very muddy and deep ruts on the A6 to Santa Pod section.

img_4910.jpg

Not what you'd expect to be on the path!!! I've never ridden the Three Shires Way. I live really close to Santa Pod though, is it worth a go?

Glenn

Veteran
Report it to the local council highway dept, they should get it cleared. I had the same problem on a bridleway close to Crowthorne, reported it, the following week it was removed.

OP
OP
Mojonaut

Mojonaut

Guru
I've never ridden the Three Shires Way. I live really close to Santa Pod though, is it worth a go?

I've now done from Grafham to Santa Pod a mix of open grassy bridleway and on road with a few rutted bits around Yeldon.

The section from Santa Pod to where it crosses the A6 is mostly woodland and currently very wet, slimey and mostly deeply rutted by motorbikes and hard going (I came off twice - not fun when you're clipped in).

Unless you like getting muddy and fancy the challenge I'd suggest skipping that section and joining at the A6 adjacent to the Biogen plant it's then a very pleasant ride. If you make it to Grafham there's a couple of cafe's where you can get bacon butties and a coffee etc.

bob

OP
OP
Mojonaut

Mojonaut

Guru
Report it to the local council highway dept, they should get it cleared. I had the same problem on a bridleway close to Crowthorne, reported it, the following week it was removed.

At the end of the track I got talking to a lady walking her dog she said her husband (local farmer) would clear it with his chainsaw

I've now done from Grafham to Santa Pod a mix of open grassy bridleway and on road with a few rutted bits around Yeldon.

The section from Santa Pod to where it crosses the A6 is mostly woodland and currently very wet, slimey and mostly deeply rutted by motorbikes and hard going (I came off twice - not fun when you're clipped in).

Unless you like getting muddy and fancy the challenge I'd suggest skipping that section and joining at the A6 adjacent to the Biogen plant it's then a very pleasant ride. If you make it to Grafham there's a couple of cafe's where you can get bacon butties and a coffee etc.

bob
Thanks for the heads-up Mojo!

Top Bottom