Dentist couldnt get the root out............hospital for me now :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
My last extraction was wisdom teeth, it took me a whole day to work out that my cheek had been stitched to my gum in the process resulting in a trip back in. I was not a huge fan of dentists beforehand. Still at least the physical pain has gone.
OUCH!!!

arch684

Veteran
Had the same problem a few years ago.Went to hospital a few injections cut the gum dug it out and stitched the gum back up.you will be fine

byegad

Legendary Member
Very large whisky, hold in the mouth as long as possible and best do it in a crowd of friends so you have to swallow and speak now and again, necessitating re-application of a good slug of whisky to the mouth. Continue treatment until you fall over!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Very large whisky, hold in the mouth as long as possible and best do it in a crowd of friends so you have to swallow and speak now and again, necessitating re-application of a good slug of whisky to the mouth. Continue treatment until you fall over!
Bad news on that front.............just been to the drinks cabinet and OOPS no whisky. But the Cognac is taking a good hiding :smile:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Took over 50mins for the dentist at the hospital to remove the wife's broken molar..
she hates the dentist, and that was before this horror she had to endure..

good luck..the pain relief will be great tho

Brandane

Legendary Member
th

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I had an attempted root canal job done by my dentist, it failed and he referred me to a more expensive one, to finish the root canal anyway I declined his offer, he continued with the bridge work, I later seem a documentary about root canal work, in that documentary it said root canal work can shorten your life. ??

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 4134836, member: 76"]I had a tooth out and my dentist (who is also small and female) explained she had won some competition at Uni for extraction, then went on to describe how they were taught that is actually about pushing and not pulling! She pushed my tooth down a bit, there was a really slight 'snap' and she lifted it out clean as a whistle, I couldn't believe it, I have only had one other tooth out, and that was in the Army by a dentist who was clearly on placement from MI6s "Robust Interrogation" Department :eek:[/QUOTE]

my mum was trained by that department to resist pain i think.

she was proper scared of needles/injections so when she had root canal work done she just got on with it . was interesting to watch as a youngster.
as i have got older i need the anaesthesia more . i had a root canal done at 21 and did it without any , as i thought that was the done thing based on my observations as a kid. last one 6 months ago was done with penty of injections into the nerve asit was a tad tender.

Top Bottom