Dentist couldnt get the root out............hospital for me now :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was going to post that!

ah, got it. Missed it first time, though my thinking was on the same lines

vickster

Legendary Member
Aged 69 I have had generally good experiences with dentists.........everything has always gone smoothly.
Until today :eek:
She battled hard for 40 minutes but eventually had to admit defeat as she just couldn't get the last piece of the root out. So I have to go to a clinic for anaesthetic as they need to cut the gum to get at it.
This is not a moan** as I'm sure many on CC have had similar or worse (**well.......maybe a bit of a moan).
AND.........I had to pay £51.00 for the priviledge:wacko::wacko:
2 people have told me I deserve a large whisky..............I think I should listen to them :smile:
Sounds like a bargain, try going private...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I had to read this thread before I go to get a tooth out on Wednesday, didn't I? :ohmy::surrender: Having said that, I've had plenty out during my lifetime and never had a problem, although they were all done by burly male dentists. My current dentist is a slightly-built lady, but I'm sure she'll do a grand job. It's all about the technique, and not brute strength.

I've had plenty of root canal treatment in years gone by, and despite the reputation it seems to have (and my dental phobia) I never felt a thing during any of them. In fact, they were stranegley relaxing experiences. Pity it's an old root-canal treatment that's the cause of the abscess I have which requires the extraction.... On the plus side, there's been damage to the bone around it due to the infection, so it may slip out rather easier!!!

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
@Dave7 that exact thing happened to me. Apparently I have very curly roots or something. The dentist couldn't get the last piece of root out.

I had to go to the hospital to get the last bit out. The surgeon who did it looked at the X-ray and said, "Yes, we should take it out, it might cause trouble in the future."

He explained it as a "Push and Separate" operation; the opposite to a Wonder Bra as I pointed out.

Truth is the whole thing was finished in about 5 minutes. Before I knew what was happening I was gently biting on some wadding and was sent to the pharmacy for some pain killers.

The only downer was the amount f time it took to get the hospital appointment. By the time I got there my gum had completely healed after the dentist's assault.

That sounds sore, my dentist visits are OK until I need an anesthetic. I have a weird reaction in that I need lots of injections before it works. 6 the last I went.
Got to say it wasn't my best day out.

AndyRM

XOXO

From Marathon Man.

One of the finest/grimmest torture scenes in cinema.

Hyslop

Veteran
TBH I thought I was going to pass out after the first 15 minutes of the battle. After the battle was over (and she had admitted defeat) I asked "am I white" and she said "no you don't look as though you have any problem".............but I caught her assistant whispering "I will go out with him and sit him down".
When I got back to the car I had to sit for 20 minutes before I felt OK to drive..........I was shaking. I felt a whimp but I suppose you cant help how the body reacts.
Oh,believe me,youre not a wimp:okay:.Having had all manner of problems in this area since childhood,and yet never having really been scared of the dentists,I still fear any form of dental pain.I go straight for the nuclear options where pain relief is concerned.So,I hope all goes well for you.

Citius

It could be fused to the jawbone and Dentists are not allowed to undertake simple operations these days.

They clearly are allowed to undertake simple operations - because a tooth extraction is classed as significant, or major surgery. I've had two wisdoms extracted by my dentist under local, and both involved trimming of gum and bone matter.

postman

Legendary Member
Dave same happened to me.But mine was left alone.While pulling the tooth it just started to crumble,and nothing was going to get the final bit out.It's still there dead and useless,my new dentist has even left it in.Got to say it was a battle,i was rising out of my seat.I have teeth like a horse.

classic33

Leg End Member
Argh...I've just read this thread with my mouth covered...damn you all!

I'm putting this thread on ignore so I won't see anyone who replies...bar stewards the lot of you for sharing these stories
I'd half a tooth left in the lower lip. Constant poking/trying to remove it, resulted in me being proved right, and a trip to A&E to get the lip seen to.

Top Bottom