'Despicable' bike theft from paramedic in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Im surprised these bikes dont have a GPS tracker hidden inside the frame or saddle in case of theft... though you dont exactly expect one to be stolen.

seems to be happening more regularly, so maybe its worth getting them installed
With a sounder of some type, to wake up the gawkers who are more interested in posting a selfie with the poor victim, than challenging the thief

Apologies for the obvious generalisation...im a bit miffed about this one

keithmac

Guru
Sad times indeed when life saving paramedics can't leave equipment without fear of having it stolen.

Same with the Fire Brigade, attening life threatening situations and being stoned/ bricked for their trouble..

Society is turning to sh1t, the more scrotes interbreeding the less decent people left...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Post this image on all of your twitter, facebook, snap chat, linked in...ir social media weapon of choice.

Lets catch this little scrote
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Picture.jpg

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
With a sounder of some type, to wake up the gawkers who are more interested in posting a selfie with the poor victim, than challenging the thief

I dont think it would work for london -- most people wont go out of their way to stop a guy stealing a paramedic bike but it would be a good deterrent at least. Hence the GPS tracker -- where ever the bike ends up, the NHS or the police can track it the same way you can track your apple devices if they are stolen and the thief uses it to access the internet.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I days of yore it was a tradition that a magistrate would automatically hand out a 6 month sentence for assaulting a police officer. Of course, they're don't any more and its almost a national pastime.

A bit of a thread resurrection here, but when you say assaulting a police officer do you mean a punch in the face, or for example pushing them slightly? I read of people being fined or even sent down for the latter. I don't think that deserves a custodial sentence.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A bit of a thread resurrection here, but when you say assaulting a police officer do you mean a punch in the face, or for example pushing them slightly? I read of people being fined or even sent down for the latter. I don't think that deserves a custodial sentence.

It depends what the other circumstances are. Nobody ever went down for pushing me. In fact I have never heard of it

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It depends what the other circumstances are. Nobody ever went down for pushing me. In fact I have never heard of it

It happened to the disabled woman in Coronation Street. She allegedly pushed a copper over who was trying to arrest someone else. She got a month inside for it.
gallery-1462529598-18-05-coro-izzy-police-01.jpg

If it happens on Coronation Street then it must happen in real life!:smile:

Attachments

• gallery-1462529598-18-05-coro-izzy-police-01.jpg
    gallery-1462529598-18-05-coro-izzy-police-01.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Slightly OT

Before mobile phones and in areas of poor reception, my wife and I use hand held radios when touring

When at a cafe or pub stop we would put one in the pannier on full volume

If someone showed the wrong kind of interest, then an announcement that you have breached the proximity alarm and need to step back is very effective.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I think most people who's job involves dealing with the public develop some degree of pragmatism when pushing for "assault". It's like the chavvy twats who say "You can't touch me, it's assault". Quite possibly technically it may be, but good luck getting the police to pursue it without aggravating factors.

Top Bottom